Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crank/upsetting messages being sent

Options
  • 07-03-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, A friend of mine left his phone on the table in the staff room at work but the phone was still there at home time later that day so he thought grand its still there,..later at home he got a very insulting & upsetting message on his phone,..this message was also sent to a female member of staff from their work & at first glance seems to have been sent from another work colleague but this is not the case as all three involved are good friends,..my guess is that someone accessed the contacts details on my friends phone when he left it in the staff room & is now sending these txt messages from some website which allows the user to impersonate the sender,....anyway to sum up is there anyway to stop this other than all 3 getting new numbers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

By the sounds of it somebody accessed the phone and managed to obtain the pin for their online account (My Meteor / My Vodafone etc) and is sending webtexts from their account.

All they can do now is call their operator and change their Pin, this in turn will change for their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

By the sounds of it somebody accessed the phone and managed to obtain the pin for their online account (My Meteor / My Vodafone etc) and is sending webtexts from their account.

All they can do now is call their operator and change their Pin, this in turn will change for their website.

This is likely the case. It might also be a good idea to get management involved?

Advertisement