Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks or No Thanks

Options
  • 07-03-2011 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

You pass on a present for someone . They got it ok. They know your mobile number, your home phone number, your email address, your postal address. But they never get back to you to say 'Thank You'. How would you deal with that?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Do you genuinely want a response on this?

What were the circumstances? Is this typical or untypical of the person?
    is there a romantic involvement or hopes of one? Was there a falling out? How long have you been waiting for a reply? Has this person now responded?

"How do you deal with it?" I suggest you take it on the chin and wait to see what happens...there may be a genuine reason for no reponse...

Im also reminding myslef that the last time I gave that advice was to a young male hairdresser, who was at the time cutting my hair....he hadn't heard form his girlfriend for a few days...on hearing my advice, he decided to butcher my hair, worst hair cut I ever got, i should have sued the shop...but you live and learn...you're not a hairdresser are you?:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yeah, we really need some more info OP. When you say you were passing on a present, were you like the messenger, ie passing it on for someone else, and are you waiting on thanks from the person it was from, and/or who it was meant for. Or was the present from you for someone else.

You may also get a better answer on the personal issues forum.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

You want a thank you for delivering a present to somebody from someone else?

OK... Thanks.

However, if you delivered the present from you to someone else and they have yet to thanks you for the present you bought then let loose the dogs of war (unless you're a fella giving a present to your friend who is also a fella then expect nothing. Real men don't say thanks, it'll come in the form of a pint on the next pub outing)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I think you have posted in the wrong forum. Can't see how this is Sligo related.

Advertisement