Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Certified Expert - Self study training materials???

Options
  • 07-03-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering has anybody done the Adobe Certified Expert exams - the ones I am interested in are Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop... I will have roughly 3 months off over the summer so was thinking of tackling them then! Questions: (if anybody has done them!)

1. Have you done training (which seems to be fairly pricey) or did you just study the material yourself and then take the exam?

2. What training materials did you have? I have the Adobe "Classroom in a Book" for each of the above packages and it does say they are the "official training workbook"!! On the Adobe website the only other resources seems to be 1/2 pages of sample questions - would the book and these sample questions give me enough info to study for and pass the exams??

3. Roughly how long did it take to study for each exam?

Many thanks in advance for any advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Hi,

While I haven't taken the certification myself I can give you an idea of where NOT to go.I would recommend staying away from IACT (but that is just personal opinion), based on my experience I found their training to be poor and they were very slow to update.

Classroom in a book seems to be the way to go, I guess the best way to approach this would be to go through those and maybe try one of the exams? I'm guessing they are delivered a vue / prometric testing centre so they will just be multiple choice. Worst case your out the price of the exam (and not the training).

Maybe someone will come along that has more experience with the ACE track :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

Thanks for that :) I was looking at IACT before actually, it doesn't seem like the courses they do on the applications lead to the Adobe certifications, rather an "IACT diploma"... hmmmmm....

Good idea about the exam, I think it is €135 to take the exam so even if I had to do it twice it would still be way less than the cost of training.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 daraclare

Hi beegirl, have you done the exam yet? How'd you get one?

I'm studying for one at the moment using Lynda.com. Apparently there is 5 versions of the exam so if you fail the first time you will get a completely different exam the next time.

I'm pretty dubious about IACT courses, although they claim their diplomas are genuine, I'm quite sceptical as the courses are so short.

Does anyone know how to find out if an instructor is actually qualified through Adobe? I know lots of people claim to be but when I look on the Adobe website, I only see 2 instructors and they are both for Dreamweaver or Flash - neither of which I'm interested in. There must be more than 2 in the whole of Ireland, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭leonvquinn

There's 20 Adobe experts in Ireland at the min of which I'm one!

https://training.adobe.com/certification/ace-finder.html#p=1&country=ireland

Advertisement