Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiership for the kids

Options
  • 07-03-2011 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

If a family cant afford a sky package and the young people are under 18 , is there ant place to watch football ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Think it's only pubs that show it, or you can find links to matches on the net, the soccer forum usually have links to matches while they are in play

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

Its a good point McMurphy

Do you think there would be demand for a non alcoholic cafe for people to watch sports. Could have an upstairs for teenagers and downstairs for families.

Im sure the price of commercial sky would kill it in the water though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I bring my little lad to Galway United games. We make a big day of it and it is truly wonderful. Same applies to Connacht rugby or Galway GAA matched.

Just a thought.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Sky allows anyone who subscribes to a Sky premium package, to have access to that package using Sky Player which can run on a PC or XBOX to the tv.

My dad has the Sports & Movies package, so I created a Sky Player account for free with his details, and I can run it on my XBOX to the TV. They even have on-demand movies so you can watch them whenever you like.

It only allows 1 sky player account to be set up so as long as the person who has the dish & sky premium package is not using sky player, you can do it. It allows one IP address to access the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

dilallio wrote: »
    Sky allows anyone who subscribes to a Sky premium package, to have access to that package using Sky Player which can run on a PC or XBOX to the tv.

My dad has the Sports & Movies package, so I created a Sky Player account for free with his details, and I can run it on my XBOX to the TV. They even have on-demand movies so you can watch them whenever you like.

It only allows 1 sky player account to be set up so as long as the person who has the dish & sky premium package is not using sky player, you can do it. It allows one IP address to access the player.

I'm doing this with my parents Sky..they are none the wiser..if they knew they'd probably ask me to chip in :P I barely use it though. They have Sky Sports and multi-room so I set it up on my 360 on the sly using their account so I get Sky Sports for free :)

I'd go for streaming I think..it would be cool if they could show big matches in the cinemas. They do things like that in Canada.

• Advertisement

OP depends on your own views (about kids in pubs) I suppose but there should be no issue going into a pub to watch a game during the day. I always did it when I was a young lad and you often see young lads in watching afternoon games with their fathers.

dilallio wrote: »

I understood you can have 4 skyplayer users per sky account, one main user and 3 secondary users. You can definetely have two as me and my house mate both use skyplayer on our laptops.

We have the full sky world hd package though which maybe gives us more? Also for an extra six euro a month we have sky player for one iphone and one ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Hi OP, as you can probably guess I'm a City fan as is my 11 year old daughter. We go once in a while to the Dail bar to watch the bigger derby matches and Pool, Chelsea etc.
    Upstairs is a great place to watch with some nice affordable food:)

There was another family there on the last Derby day with 2 young lads aged about 8 and 1. They even had a baby with them.

Try it out as it's a lovely spot:)

Advertisement