Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westpoint Gym Membership

Options
  • 07-03-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been put up but the deal in Westpoint is pretty great

200 for one person
    350 (i think) for two
    and 495 for three memberships

Offer is valid in march and memberships run till 31st of March 2012. So nearly 13 months membership.

You also each get a voucher for 50 euro off membership to give to a friend and a few free passes, which should be handy for the pool.

I signed up with a few others on the weekend.

Best bargain i have seen i a good long day:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Its a good deal but the gym is wedged at the minute pretty much all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

Been a member for 3 years now. Its dreadful at the moment.

Was there today, 1/3rd of the threadmills was broken (ie: constantly "resetting" or reporting "equipment blocked"). The rest occupied. So wandered around trying to find some other equipment to use -> No luck.

Had to go for a run outside in the Castlecurragh park (in the dark) instead.

I might be getting old and forgetful, but I dont remember in the last 3 years having issues getting a threadmill which is the only equipment I use.

If you like the cross trainers, you'll be fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭wildlifeman

noxqs wrote: »
    Been a member for 3 years now. Its dreadful at the moment.

Was there today, 1/3rd of the threadmills was broken (ie: constantly "resetting" or reporting "equipment blocked"). The rest occupied. So wandered around trying to find some other equipment to use -> No luck.

Had to go for a run outside in the Castlecurragh park (in the dark) instead.

I might be getting old and forgetful, but I dont remember in the last 3 years having issues getting a threadmill which is the only equipment I use.

If you like the cross trainers, you'll be fine though.

thats a dealbreaker right there..not joining now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Anyone using it offpeak.

Between 9 and 12 i am thinking of.

Or is there anywhere else offering off peak memberships at good prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

the only way a gym can make any money when membership is that cheap is by having a hug number of members..... then the gym is over-crowded all the time. same thing happened in my gym last year. i ended up going to another gym

• Advertisement

garhjw wrote: »
    the only way a gym can make any money when membership is that cheap is by having a hug number of members..... then the gym is over-crowded all the time. same thing happened in my gym last year. i ended up going to another gym

I think lots of people join in Jan but should be getting tired of it now. Any sign's of it getting quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

I heard that one of the reasons the price is so cheap is because he (Ben Dunne) is getting rid of the pool? anyone know if this is true??

It is a very cheap price even to use the pool It works out less then 4 euros a week :)

He did try to get rid of the pool but there was so much opposition to it he decided against it.

That was about 18 months ago i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

He did try to get rid of the pool but there was so much opposition to it he decided against it.

That was about 18 months ago i think

Ok thanks :)

Think i'll join :)

Would still like to know from any members what it is like at non peak times.

Was a member before and it is really uncomfortable when it gets too busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i go there between 8 and 9.30 am most mornings and its grand for machines, if thats any use to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

My wife was a member of Westpoint, but got tired of the overcrowding. She's now an off-peak member of the National Aquatic Centre and is much happier, says the pool is light years ahead of Westpoint and the gym is quite good (she mainly uses the pool).

I've used neither personally, but thought the feedback might be useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Im a member there and have yet to see the gym quiet, as another poster mentioned a lot of the machines seem to be out of order quite often and to be honest this is most likely due to the amount of use they are seeing.

Dont get me started on the messy little fecks in the changing rooms leaving their swimming gear on the bench when they get changed and soaking the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

It is quiet enough between 2 and 4pm most days, machines are free but then starts filling up from 4.30pm onwards. I'm fed up of having to switch machines though due to them not working properly. A good few of the cross trainers squeak or don't run smoothly. The water dispenser near the gents is frequently broken. I think its time for the purchase of some new machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

Hi Was thinking of joining mainly to use the pool between 7pm -9.30pm Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Can anyone tell me would the pool be crowded during these times for your experiences?

I used to be a member and the pool got quieter after about 8.30.

However as i normally swam lengths it was very much only luck that got me a clear lane.

I am thinking the NAC would be better. Might have a look around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 d49nbrwuac0is8

Defo National Aqua centre, much more room !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

CyaL8r wrote: »
    Hi Was thinking of joining mainly to use the pool between 7pm -9.30pm Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Can anyone tell me would the pool be crowded during these times for your experiences?

I'm a member there for 4 years. Its no busier than its ever been there.
    Monday and Tuesday evenings are always the busiest days of the week, its much quieter after that.
    The first few months of the year are always the busiest with new members joining who then quickly stop coming leaving the place to the regulars again.

The pool is segregated into lanes and a general messing area. Most of the time the lanes aren't too busy so you should have no problem getting space.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

Thanks all for you advice. Think I might go with NAC for 6 mths as I'm only learning to swim and if it's busy in Westpoint I think I'd find it too daunting.

CyaL8r wrote: »
    Thanks all for you advice. Think I might go with NAC for 6 mths as I'm only learning to swim and if it's busy in Westpoint I think I'd find it too daunting.

If you are asking there can you check if they will do 6 months off peak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

<snip>

Please take it to adverts.ie - Zaph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Both the Nac and Westpoint are in terrible locations when the center gets gridlocked.

Advertisement