Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction studies Q1

• 07-03-2011 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Hello, I'we a huge problem with question 1 on a construction studies paper, as its a compulsory question there's no way of going around it so ill just have to learn them off by heart....Does anyone know if there's a list of drawings that can come up as question one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Check the syllabus maybe. I know they'll only ask 10 of the 19 in q1, so make sure you know whichever ten they are, if they're not in the syllabus your teacher should know them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 techieteacher

Like any subject, anything can come up really. However if you look at the last number of years you'll get a good indicator of what can come up:

2010 - external wall, window & roof
    2009 - external wall & suspunded tumber floor
    2008 - ground floor, hearth & fireplace
    2007 - external wall, window & roof
    2006 - external wall & door
    2005 - ground floor, external wall up to first floor
    2004 - external wall & 'lean-to' porch roof

Basically there's no set guidelines as you can see, but there is a lot of repition in it. Be able to draw an external wall, after that start learning them off as you have time but have a good few prepared. You usually are asked for 4 main measurements also.... again learn the external wall and then focus on the others as you have the time.

Any more questions you have please don't be shy!

edit:
    when I say there are no set guidelines, there is of course the syllabus (I linked to it in a post yesterday you can search it!), what I mean is that like any exam it's anyones guess as to what can come up! but there are guidelines in the sense that everything you need to know is in the syallbus - like all subjects! Hope that makes sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

http://homepage.tinet.ie/~abbeynet/Drawings/drawing_entry.htm

Might just throw these up. Some of the drawings here on this website. They dont look to be an A1 standard tbh, but still might help you/some people out.

thanks for that - fantastic resource particularly for the drawings!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Trev64

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Hello, I'we a huge problem with question 1 on a construction studies paper, as its a compulsory question there's no way of going around it so ill just have to learn them off by heart....Does anyone know if there's a list of drawings that can come up as question one?

Hey Darius,
    Email me your postal address and I'll post you a hardcopy handout. trevor.hickey@constructionstudies.ie
    Regards,
    Trevor

P.S. or PM me.

• Advertisement

Good to see you on the forum Mr. Hickey! Welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Trev64

hey techieteacher - do I know you?

Advertisement