Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented house - Advice needed please

Options
  • 07-03-2011 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and my partner have recently moved into a rented house in the area and the mattresses are terrible, one if them is new but so cheap I think have spring marks on my back..

I was thinking of buying a new one but I rented this house fully furnished. Does the landlord only have to provide the bare minimum when renting out a house or would I be within my rights to ask if they can replace?

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Properties should comply with regulations and be maintained to at least certain minimum standards.

A link to what can be expected as physical minimum standards in rental accomodation.

Not a single word on mattresses. But still you may ask them and see what they're after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd chance the landlord OP. It's a renters market now. They have to keep you happy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to a more appropriate forum for such questions, better at answering then us!

Topic Moved

Advertisement