Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Player

• 07-03-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Anyone use this? Is it possible to subscribe for like a months trial to see if you like it or not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

SOme of the sites in the sticky thread for cheap live codes and subscriptions sell sky codes aswell. Once it runs out it wont automatically renew if you don't want to keep it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Ive this but to be honest im expecting any day to be locked out of it. I remember ages back they had an offer of it being free to sky subscribers untill christmas, yet I still have it even though I dont have multi room and never subscribed for anything bar the normal sky ive had for years.

They need more channels though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

calex71 wrote: »
    SOme of the sites in the sticky thread for cheap live codes and subscriptions sell sky codes aswell. Once it runs out it wont automatically renew if you don't want to keep it.
    Some of them sell the codes, but I think you register a credit card when creating the account first, if you don't cancel the Sub it will automatically renew after the month.

All you need to do is redeem the code from the site and then cancel the subscription within 30 days and it won't auto renew. (you can cancel immediately, and the subscription will continue for the month from the time you registered the code).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

joe123 wrote: »
    Ive this but to be honest im expecting any day to be locked out of it. I remember ages back they had an offer of it being free to sky subscribers untill christmas, yet I still have it even though I dont have multi room and never subscribed for anything bar the normal sky ive had for years.

They need more channels though.

Wiki says they have comedy central coming but there's no source for that so could be shít. If they added that and the discovery channel then I'd be happy, wouldn't really need any more than that. The on demand stuff is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Is it just me or is this now free? I'm not getting charged for this, neither are 2 of my mates who I know use this. I used to have to pay €5 per month for it but once that card expired I never updated the details and my Sky Player has been working since (about 6 months).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

You would have had to enter a valid credit card before using that €5 card. When the card expires, they start charging the credit card instead unless you cancel the subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

You would have had to enter a valid credit card before using that €5 card. When the card expires, they start charging the credit card instead unless you cancel the subscription.

It's my debit card on the account and it has expired since. Haven't been charged anything. Really weird.

Advertisement