Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the longest you've gone without eating?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Frisbee wrote: »
    I got roped in by the promise of 'basically speed' too. I was skagged for a day after, going from being roasting hot and pressed against the air conditioner to freezing and wrapped up in two blankets every half hour or so.

Never again.

Yup that sounds about right. Not a good time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

One of the hunger strikers from 1981 lasted 70 days, and survived. You wouldnt think it possible to survive after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Two or three days when I've had tonsillitis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Probably about 4 days when sick although it's not really a problem when you don't have an appetite and aren't burning major calories.

Worst hunger was probably climbing the Rest past in Italy (by bike) having not eaten since the day before. 40 degree heat, 1000 odd metres of climbing and 16 hours without food made breakfast a very gratifying experience.
    To put that in context, for most other days on that cycle-tour we were burning between 4000 and 4500 calories per day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

3-5 days I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I went without sleep and food for about 3 days in total,that was back in the days when all i used to eat was speed and e's.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

I don't know how you all last so long without food. I doubt I've ever gone more than a day, even when sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Probably 5 or 6 days when I had appendicitis. I do a 3 day fast once or twice a year as well

A proper fast or a weekend bender?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Who the **** goes on a lad's holiday to Malia?:confused:

You do know Malia is in Crete yeah? It's a fairly common holiday spot for youngsters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

robbie7730 wrote: »
    One of the hunger strikers from 1981 lasted 70 days, and survived. You wouldnt think it possible to survive after that.

Robbie Sands Lives!!

well yes this one time I did indeed put peanut butter on mah balls and allowed my beloved little boxer dog to lick it off.

Whats the dogs name i wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'd say only 1 or 2 days with completely nothing, a lot longer of eating very little though, it's so hard to eat in the summer sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sanderelle

n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

mickrock wrote: »
    Either voluntarily or otherwise.

I once fasted for 24 hours to see what real hunger felt like, after reading Down And Out In Paris And London.

You a real hero there. A whole 24 hrs.
    Try 4,5,6,days.
    Then get back to us all

ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

48 hours exactly.
    Bad hamburger, given medicine, no food for 48 hours.
    I haven't eaten a hamburger since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

macroboy wrote: »
    You a real hero there. A whole 24 hrs.
    Try 4,5,6,days.
    Then get back to us all

ffs

Oi son, leave it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

30 hours with no food in Amsterdam. Not a huge amount of time compared to some of the replies here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

A guy in India? I think, claims he hasnt ate in 70+ years. I remember watching a programme about it before. How is that possible? He may be a chancer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Eever

About five weeks before my moron of a doctor finally conceded that "yeah, at this stage it might be an idea to bring her into the hospital and put her on a drip".

Having said that I think I vaguely remember her giving me an anti-nausia injection thing about twice over those weeks so I probably managed some food on those occasions so not so much five weeks straight as one week.. then a meal... then another two weeks... then a meal... then another two weeks... then a drip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

A guy in India? I think, claims he hasnt ate in 70+ years. I remember watching a programme about it before. How is that possible? He may be a chancer :D
    No maybe in it. He is a chancer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I died in a prison in the 70's from not eating.

It got better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I once fasted for 24 hours to see what real hunger felt like, after reading Down And Out In Paris And London.
    I would say your experiment was a total failure. 24 hours without food would only make you feel hungry and that's only the beginning of what people who suffer from constant hunger go through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 265 ✭✭unclejunior

went about 3-4 days after doing aload of speed and coke.
    puked up an entire apache pizza after attempting to eat again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I didn't eat for two weeks but over the course of the two weeks that followed I could barely eat and had a tendency to throw it up depending. :D The doctors were fascinated. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I got pretty sick over christmas an didn't eat for 4 days. Wierdly though, I got hungry but was unable to actually go through with chewing or swallowing anything. Without doubt the sickest I've ever been.
    I quite often did 5, 6 and 7 day benders on class A's that would involve no food, but rarely any hunger pangs either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 notterosso

10 days - no drugs involved, just trying to distract myself from reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LupinFace

I'd probably say 3 days tops, when I was sick with a stomach bug or something. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

I once fasted for 24 hours to see what real hunger felt like

i once decided only one meal a day is requirement. or deserved, or necessary; if you're inactive. and i have bn gettin lazier.. thats a lot of 23hr spells. how did you go 24, i salute you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

4 days in ibiza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

2 or 3 days...broken heart...didn't each much for the month after that. VERY strange for me. I get panicky when I don't have my breakie, lunch and dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

6 days.. Had an infection in my mouth after surgery. After 3 days I wasn't even hungry. Lost over a stone. But as soon as I could eat again I was so hungry all the time. Bad times :(

Kiera wrote: »
    3 days after taking poxy diet pills in Thailand.

Effective pills them.

6 days.. Had an infection in my mouth after surgery. After 3 days I wasn't even hungry. Lost over a stone.

Which helped you pick a username:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I'd very very rarely go a day without any food, of course with college sessions, holidays and festivals i would go for a few days eating almost nothing but i'd always try sneak a burger or bag of chips no matter what.

I'm fairly skinny so can't really afford to not eat for a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

From what I saw of the girls at the AH beers, not nearly long enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

6 days..dealing with a bad breakup. Couldn't eat, had no appetite. Felt like I had a knot in my stomach. Lost 12 lbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I'm sorry, but this post is moronic, even for AH. You'd swear that the OP had plunged to the depths of human endurance for the sake of an experiment. I'm sure the majority of people here have went 24 hours without eating.

In fact, if you have went on a session without eating dinner, it's more thank likely it will be 24 hours before you have eaten again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

This has to be a joke?? 14-15yos do 24 hours for the Concern fast. At the moment I do 23.5 hours a day. I have my dinner when I come home from work, then don't eat again until my dinner the next night. Today is the first day in 3 weeks I've had even a cup of water during the day.

24 hours won't get you anywhere near "real" hunger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

5 days I think.
    Had bleeding stomach ulcer.
    No food or water allowed. Had a drip going in to one arm, and blood in the other.
    Like others, the feeling of hunger was gone on the third day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Similar to Rabies.

When taken to hospital with a suspected ulcer. Was allowed no food for about 2 to 3 days, not even water. Connected to a drip, had a mouthcare kit, so I could rinse my mouth out and suck on a swap every so often.

Thought I would shovel it in to me once allowed to eat again, but could just about manage a sandwich.

Hunger was just gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Went a week once. It was horrible. Although it was incredible how much weight I lost in that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

amacachi wrote: »
    Went a week once. It was horrible. Although it was incredible how much weight I lost in that time.

not eating tends to have that effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

How long did that nutjob David Blaine go without food in that box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

2 1/2 days. When I was about 11. Then I had a seizure and went into a coma due to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

When I was a chubby young lad of bout 17 I decide to lose weight. Ended up being able to go 5 days at a time without food. I now have the body of a pre-pubescent girl. Raaarrr. Sexy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Went 3 days while taking Speed and herbal coke. Never was i so happy to see a big juicy doner kebab at the end of it all.

BickNarry wrote: »
    When I was a chubby young lad of bout 17 I decide to lose weight. Ended up being able to go 5 days at a time without food. I now have the body of a pre-pubescent girl. Raaarrr. Sexy.

really?! :eek: well i have the body of a prepubescent boy :P

raaar sexy. to a priest..

really?! :eek: well i have the body of a prepubescent boy :P

raaar sexy. to a priest..

We should make out battle cards and duel. Winner keeps both.

yer only short of a dick, tbh, but if you can go without..

even linksy can't go with out his her dick..

I have a fully functioning penis and I will be keeping that even if I lose the duel, thank you very much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement