If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

37/40" TV - Cream frame?

Options
  • 07-03-2011 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a 37 or 40" TV, slim (for wall mounting) and preferably with a cream frame. Does such a TV exist? Too lazy to go trawling websites! I don't need it to have bells & whistles as it won't be used for gaming or watching sport :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Lilybarlean

Have a look at this, the Philips 40PFL9904H Aurea

40pfl9904h_12_tlv_.jpg

Whilst its not a cream frame it's as close as we can get:)
    I havent been able to find any with cream colouring- plenty of TV's with a choice with various shades of black, silver and grey frames - guess cream went out of fashion with Commadore 64's!

This TV uses our Ambilight facility to full effect - whilst the frame is white it actually is illuminated from behind with LEDs when powered up to match the colours/action of what appears on screen ....... That description doesnt do it justice:o....I can demo it in store for you and you'll instantly see what I mean:D

As its a 9 series TV its very well spec'd as you'll see from the spec list attached.
    1920x1080 resolution - as you'd expect
    Its a 100Hz TV with a 2ms response time
    Perfect Pixel HD image processing engine
    LED Backlit TV with 500000:1 contrast ratio
    Wireless NET TV for internet access
    amounst its key features
    AND it comes with a wall bracket

check it out here -
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl9904h_12/40pfl9904h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This TV has been massively reduced from €3999.99 to only €1299.99

You really need to see it instore to appeciate it - handily enough we have it on display for this very purpose:)

check it out and let me know if you fancy one!

hope this helps in your search

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Thanks, not keen on white and it's too pricey as well! Don't need Internet tv! May have to go with black frame. Budget about €700?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Again

No worries thought i'd put it out there as an option:)

Black Frame, 42" screen size, priced below €700 - I CAN DO THAT!!

Check this out - the 42PFL5405H
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl5405h_05/42pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf

This is still a very well spec'd TV with -
    1080p Full HD
    100Hz refresh Rate
    2ms response time
    100000:1 contrast ratio
    Pixel Plus HD image processing engine
    MPEG4 Digital Tuner
    3x HDMI, 1x SCART, VGA and USB inputs plus a few more

All round a decent TV it is:)

This TV is priced at €699.99

I also can offer the LED backlit version of this TV, the 40PFL5605H
    Same general spec as the 42PFL5405H.
    The prime differences are This TV is a 40" screen size
    and it uses LED backlighting tech so it has a higher Contrast ratio of 500000:1
    Its is more enery efficient.

check its spec here -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/40pfl5605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

This TV is priced at €749.99 in store

I have both instock and both are on display in store if you'd like to check 'em out in the flesh.

Finally.
    I'll pm you much better and tempting prices than our instore prices quoted above...might as well save you some money eh:)

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.