Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small amount of tarmac for hole in driveway

• 07-03-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all, looking for advice on how to fill in a relatively small hole that has appeared in out tarmac drive. The whole drive is due to be resurfaced hopefully in the next year or two (when I can afford it) so I only want to stop this from getting any worse in the mean time. I am in Galway city. I contacted a local supplier but they said the least they could supply was a 1/2 tonne and I would have to collect in a car trailer. Any ideas where I could get just a small amount and how to safely transport it without need for a trailer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

could try this http://www.coldasphalt.ie/ good short term fix

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

i saw a guy repairing tarmac with concreat with black dye in it .
    it worked very well

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ninak

Cheers guys. Will look into that asphalt stuff, see how much it is. If not the cement with dye sounds like a clever short term fix. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

or just get concrete paint and paint it black after its dried...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭jj build

you can buy 40kg bags of tarmac for filling holes most builders providers have them and b n q for around a tenner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

McMahons do bags of Coldtar, 25kgs for around a tenner. Think they have a branch on the Tuam Road

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ninak

Thanks, will check out both McMahons and B&Q. With a bit of luck I will get something there. Cheers

Advertisement