Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minecraft Bad Video Card Drivers-Launch error

• 07-03-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

hello
    Just bought Minecraft there last night and have been trying since to try and get it working.Keep getting the following error.
    Bad video card drivers!

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
    This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271
    Generated 07/03/11 13:12

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.3_01
    Java: 1.6.0_20, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    [failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:260)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:632)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 9c0550ec

Now naturally I did what it said.Tried to update my video card (posted below) and cant seem to find a driver anywhere.
    Seems its so old they dont do it anymore or something based on what I have found.
    So can I basically not run Minecraft with this video card or what can i do?
    Thanks,
    Sob

http://i54.tinypic.com/214bakn.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That link is Vista drivers, you're on XP are you not? :P Try looking for an XP 32 bit driver. an X1650 should be more than capable on full settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

That link is Vista drivers, you're on XP are you not? :P Try looking for an XP 32 bit driver. an X1650 should be more than capable on full settings
    Is it? woops.Im actually on Windows 7 though.Ill have another look

*Edit* Knew i was not going mad.When i do the search for my video card and select windows 7 it just brings me there.To the Vista page?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The error report says it crashed on an XP OS :confused:
    --- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------

The error report says it crashed on an XP OS :confused:
    --- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------

Didn't notice that.That is a bit weird.Would that have anything to do with the issue?

Maybe! Its a bit weird alright. You have dual boot or virtual OS on W7?

• Advertisement

Maybe! Its a bit weird alright. You have dual boot or virtual OS on W7?
    Guessing you mean do i have Xp and 7 both installed?Orginally had XP on this pc but Installed 7 over it.Cant find any drivers anywhere for it.Even through device manager>Update driver.Nothing :(

*edit*Haha forgot i tried running it in compatibility mode to see if it made any difference.So that solves the XP issue :P
    Bad video card drivers!

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
    This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271
    Generated 07/03/11 14:46

Java: 1.6.0_20, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    [failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:260)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:632)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT df825684

Are you on a laptop by any chance?

Are you on a laptop by any chance?
    Nope Desktop

Tried it on a Dell Laptop there too.No joy same error.Do i basically need to get a better video card?

No not at all! I'm running it here on an Intel GMA at work no bother, the x1650 is about 10 times better than it. Its definitely a driver issue though, no doubt at about it. You could try completely uninstalling the drivers in device manager, reboot, and allow Windows 7 install the latest drivers

• Advertisement

No not at all! I'm running it here on an Intel GMA at work no bother, the x1650 is about 10 times better than it. Its definitely a driver issue though, no doubt at about it. You could try completely uninstalling the drivers in device manager, reboot, and allow Windows 7 install the latest drivers
    So just uninstall the x1650 and reboot and see?

Soby wrote: »
    So just uninstall the x1650 and reboot and see?

Yep. Uninstall the drivers that is, not the actual hardware :pac: Make sure you're connected to the internet, Windows 7 will search for the best up to date drivers for it. Works a treat :)

Yep. Uninstall the drivers that is, not the actual hardware :pac: Make sure you're connected to the internet, Windows 7 will search for the best up to date drivers for it. Works a treat :)
    :(
    Did all that i restarted i reinstalled the driver still nothing
    :(

Nope still nothing.However its still showing the same Driver version now as to the picture i have in my original post???.

Or is that where i should be looking.On my original post it says version 8.56 ..... yet that download is 9.1?

Nope still nothing.However its still showing the same Driver version now as to the picture i have in my original post???.

Or is that where i should be looking.On my original post it says version 8.56 ..... yet that download is 9.1?

Try going into the Catalsyt Control Centre and fiddle around with the OpenGL settings

Try going into the Catalsyt Control Centre and fiddle around with the OpenGL settings
    How do i go about that?

Either right click the desktop and look for Catalyst Control Centre, or go to control panel and CCC should be in there. There's slider settings in advanced for 3D rendering, it affects OpenGL.

If all else fails, ermmm try the latest drivers, they're untested with the x1650 but its a last resort

http://downloads.guru3d.com/AMD-Catalyst-11.2-Win-7-Vista-x32-download-2676.html

Either right click the desktop and look for Catalyst Control Centre, or go to control panel and CCC should be in there. There's slider settings in advanced for 3D rendering, it affects OpenGL.

If all else fails, ermmm try the latest drivers, they're untested with the x1650 but its a last resort

http://downloads.guru3d.com/AMD-Catalyst-11.2-Win-7-Vista-x32-download-2676.html
    gonna try the drivers.I keep installing the CCC but the fecking thing isnt showing up anywhere

I give up :(

• Advertisement

FIANLLY ....WOOOOP :D

FIANLLY ....WOOOOP :D

What did you do?

What did you do?
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13〈=English

Download this which is actually the vista one lol.Difference i think was i uninstalled the X1650 video card before i installed this.Where before i just installed it. :D so happy haha

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13〈=English

Download this which is actually the vista one lol.Difference i think was i uninstalled the X1650 video card before i installed this.Where before i just installed it. :D so happy haha

Dude.. I said uninstall it and reinstall :/

Glad you got it sorted anyway :)

Dude.. I said uninstall it and reinstall :/

Glad you got it sorted anyway :)
    Ye when u said that i uninstalled it rebooted then windows jsut did a reinstall.
    Meh who cares it works haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ye when u said that i uninstalled it rebooted then windows jsut did a reinstall.
    Meh who cares it works haha :D
    I'm getting the same error in work on my W7 Machine... I'm terrified to fix it though, because I will do no work :p

Advertisement