Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Payment From Social Welfare?

Options
  • 07-03-2011 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I am currently awaiting backpay for back to education allowance. the money was meant to be in my account today but was delayed. I am desperate, I really need to pay tuition fees and my esb bill TODAY. Is there any way of getting emergency payment today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

If your weekly means are below the rate for Supplementary Welfare Allowance (currently 186 for a single person, plus 124.80 for a spouse/partner, plus 19.80 for each child) cou can make an application for SWA to your local community welfare officer at the Health Clinic. If you bring all the information needed (bank statements, evidence of identity, address, evidence that you are waiting for BTEA payment) you could feasibly get a check today, but more likely it will take a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

Thank you :) I got an extention on my fees and esb bill, I'll be sure to do that tomorrow, thanks a million :)

Advertisement