Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with wiring up system

• 07-03-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭

I am trying to wire up my Marantz sr5300 receiver to a pair of bi post front speakers and a passive sub.
    I have bi-wired the speakers no problem, but the sub is confussing me. There is no connection for it on the receiver, so I guess I would use the connection for the fronts, and then wire the fronts to the sub(There is connecters for this on the sub)
    The question is: Do I run the both the high and low end for the speakers from the sub or one lot from sub and one lot from receiver.
    PS The front speakers are Mission 77 series and the Sub is Wharfedale Modus.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

generally speaking you need a an active sub for the marantz reciever you have an output to a sub but it is only line level so the sub needs an inbuilt amp to drive that signal so really i dont think that sub will work very well connecting it to any speaker outs, as the .1 in any soundtrack is all the low frequency information for all channels grouped together and sent to the sub via subwoofer out connection you could send the subwoofer out signal to a power amp and connect your sub to the extra amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Ah crap! :(

Advertisement