Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I phone car kit

• 07-03-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Anyone know if I can get a wired carkit for the Iphone so that music and calls come through the speakers? I dont think the bluetooth devices such as parrot allow music to play through the speakers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Why not get a bluetooth car stereo? Just make sure it has A2DP audio streaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Auror

The parrot 9200 should do the job for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭CivilEx

If you wanted a bluetooth / fm transmitter system separate to a standard radio that wasn't hard wired, try something like a Jabra Cruiser. Around €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

paperbag wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can get a wired carkit for the Iphone so that music and calls come through the speakers? I dont think the bluetooth devices such as parrot allow music to play through the speakers.

Saw a unit in Argos today about €120.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

paperbag wrote: »

I use the parrot mki9200 and it works fine with the iphone for music+calls.
    However for bluetooth streaming for audio it plays one song and then stops but if your iphone is connected physically to the unit (it come with an iphone/ipod charger) it works fine.
    Definitely the only way to go as regards playing music from your iphone unless you can stick in another stereo unit instead of the OEM unit OR your car already has a built in bluetooth system (which to be fair most ppl don't because the fúckin car manufacturers are ripping people off bigtime for that option)

The parrot kit costs around €200 but is well worth it...anything you get for €50 is gonna be shít..you can put money on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Got myself a pioneer avic fbt500. Sat nav,iPhone charger and player, built ink parrot Bluetooth kit and will also do heaps more. Bought mine for 200 euro in deevys Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I got the XCarLink kit at Christmas, and I really like it. It can receive music using A2DP, or it uses the wired connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 debbie353

got an mki9200 totally awesome! i love it! it streams music by bluetooth and also plugs in too so it can charge it too! I paid 250 for mine from a guy called Dave Robinson found him on gumtree he's really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

Eoin wrote: »
    I got the XCarLink kit at Christmas, and I really like it. It can receive music using A2DP, or it uses the wired connection.
    Hi has anybody else bought the XCarLink kit system? i was wondering if they work ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Blazer wrote: »
    However for bluetooth streaming for audio it plays one song and then stops but if your iphone is connected physically to the unit (it come with an iphone/ipod charger) it works fine.
    Definitely the only way to go as regards playing music from your iphone unless you can stick in another stereo unit instead of the OEM unit OR your car already has a built in bluetooth system (which to be fair most ppl don't because the fúckin car manufacturers are ripping people off bigtime for that option)

The parrot kit costs around €200 but is well worth it...anything you get for €50 is gonna be shít..you can put money on that.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

seaniefr wrote: »
    Hi has anybody else bought the XCarLink kit system? i was wondering if they work ok?

Since I posted that, I've been using a MKi9200 in my last two cars, and it's much better than the XCarLink. It doesn't integrate with the steering controls, but their remote control is fine to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

Eoin wrote: »
    Since I posted that, I've been using a MKi9200 in my last two cars, and it's much better than the XCarLink. It doesn't integrate with the steering controls, but their remote control is fine to use.
    Thanks Eoin
    much appreciated,
    Sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I got the Novero Trusty One installed a few months back for €199

Make and recieve calls, stream music, stream sat nav voice guidance from phone to car speakers.

Connects up to 8 phones (2phones at the same time). Announces phones name automatically. If I go into the car it says my phones name, next time my wife is driving it will connect to her phone instead.

Announces callers name if they are in The phone book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Blazer wrote: »

Did you try to update the firmware? I don't think that's normal, mine works the same over Bluetooth as with the cable (iPhone 4 & 5). I have the MKi9100 which is exactly the same unit with a basic display (but cheaper).
    If you know a bit of DIY you can easily install this your self. It plug&play with the standard iso connectors. One thing to mention; if you have an expensive head unit/amp be aware that this car kit actually bypasses the headunit and uses its own amp, in my case the sound is actually better than the standard headunit.

Advertisement