Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Landline will not carry broadband help

• 07-03-2011 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I just moved house last week and just found out that eircom line will not carry broadband. What is my options I play the ps3 online and have a new gaming Pc. Can anyone help. There is ripplecom in the area but other posts do not rate them to high

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Try UPC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

If he's so far from an exchange that eircom can't provide broadband then it's unlikely that UPC is available either.

OP, try Ripplecom, can't be any worse than dial up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jackman1

I am going to try ripplecom and hope for the best I will go mad if I can't play my ps3 on online. I will update when I get it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sorry for pointing out the obvious but did you not check the availability of broadband in the new house before you moved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

Are you in a National Broadband Scheme area? If so, you can get 3 NBS Broadband for €19.99/month, although it's capped at 25 GB of data transfer per month. That means you can't download lots of large files.

It's very fast and reliable if you live somewhere with a strong signal, and they sell a WiFi router (not the MiFi, which is crap) that will work with your PS3 and online gaming. However, latency might be an issue: even if you have a good signal, it's at least 40ms. And if you don't live in an area with a good signal, you can forget about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement