Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do three give out second contracts? / clearing three contracts ?

Options
  • 07-03-2011 2:53pm

Hey lads

Just wanted to ssee if anyone has had any similar experiences?

Do three give out second contracts to personal customers?

I've busted my iPhone, so I was thinking of getting a new one with a new contract, but I have like 9 months left on my current one.

Then sell my broken one for parts, use the money to clear my first contract.

Or I could do it the opposite way around. Eg if I clear my current contract first will they give me a new one straight away or is there any kind of waiting period?

Has anyone else had any similar experiences etc?

Cheers
    Spy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

Thats a tad messy! Do u want to keep your number????

flipall wrote: »
    Thats a tad messy! Do u want to keep your number????

Yea, I know it is, but either way I can just switch sim cards. It'll be the same tariff.

I realise the second option is best, eg clear then get a new one, but im limited in options as I don't believe it can be fixed under warranty, just waiting for apple to confirm first before I do anything with three.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can get 3 contracts as a consumer.

What's wrong with it, most problems can be fixed bar water damage and that's sometimes fixable.

You can get 3 contracts as a consumer.

What's wrong with it, most problems can be fixed bar water damage and that's sometimes fixable.

Deadly, cheers.

Its the microphone issue....callers cannot hear me most of the time at all, total silence, yet i can hear them perfectly and have full coverage.

And the voice memos / video record works perfectly.

I've googled it a lot and when people send to apple to get fixed they are given new iphones (hence, cant be fixed).

The problem is, AFTER this started happening, yesterday i accidentally dropped another phone onto my iphone, as a result apple may say the mic issue was caused by misuse or the cracked screen.

I've been in touch with them and they told me to send it in to them and they'll be in touch (generic email from them).

I dont care about the screen as it can still be used and can be fixed for 150ish, some places cheaper, but apple charge 220 to fix the screen/digitiser.

And any place i have contacted regarding the mic issue have told me that it cannot be fixed.

And I simply cannot afford to spend the money fixing the screen, only to be told the mic issue cannot be fixed and that apple wont repair under warranty due to screen issue (even after I get the screen replaced).

Not sure if this makes sense, but I've worked out it would be cheaper to sell for parts, clear one contract and get a new one.

Advertisement