Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worlds Youngest greandmother claims.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Here it is for everyone on mobile

A 23-year-old Romanian woman is claiming that she is the world’s youngest grandmother.

Rifca Stanescu gave birth when she was just 12 years old and two years ago her daughter Maria had a baby at the age of 11.

Despite urging her daughter not to follow in her footsteps and stay in school, Stanescu told The Sun that Maria left to get married when she was just 10 and gave birth to her first child the following year.

"I am happy to be a grandmother but wished more for Maria," Stanescu told the paper.

Stanescu also revealed that she eloped with jewellery salesman Ionel Stanescu when she was 11 and he was 13.

She fled with her boyfriend because she was worried her father would force her to marry someone else in the village of Investi in Romania.

Her mother, also named Maria, became a great grandmother at just 40 years old.

Last month, the woman who is set to become Britain’s youngest grandmother at age 29, said that her daughter becoming a teen mum was ‘her worst nightmare’.

Kelly John gave birth to her daughter, Tia, at age 14. Tia is now expecting her own child at the same age.

'My worst nightmare has always been that Tia would repeat my mistake and get pregnant young. [When I found out] I felt the colour drain from my face and all I could do was cry.' John told the News of the World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

isnt she greand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Also happens to be the worlds youngest GILF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

A 13 year old jewellery salesman? So a kid with a load of stolen watches on his arm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I demand pics of the milf, the gilf and the 40 year old ggilf!

Married at 10.. Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

To tell you the truth the comments on the article caught my attention more so than the article itself.

A serious amount of abuse, racism and general prejudice there, along with a couple of clowns (imo) thinking that most people under the age of consent have sex anyway so we should just abolish prison sentences for people who have sex with those under the age of consent (irrespective of the ages involved). Tis a scary world out there, thank jebus I can shut most of the gobsheens out.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Read as far as 'The Sun' in that quote, stopped then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

I thought I've said just about everything on Boards but not this:

Any pics of the granny?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Cant beat a tasty GILF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

So................what's she claiming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

saw the link for this:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-parenting/man-names-his-firstborn-daughter-%E2%80%98facebook%E2%80%99-blog-17-yahoo-lifestyles.html

A young Egyptian man has decided to call his first-born daughter Facebook in a tribute to the social media site’s role in his country’s political revolution.

Proud father Jamal Ibrahim, who was swept up in enthusiasm over the revolt against President Hosni Mubarak, gave his daughter the unorthodox name to express his thanks for developments in Egypt since anti-government protests started on 25 January, according to Egyptian newspaper Al-Ahram.

The girl’s full name is Facebook Jamal Ibrahim, and family and friends have reportedly gathered around the newborn to express their continuing support for the revolution that started on Facebook.

Egypt is home to five million Facebook users - the highest number in the Middle East - and the website was instrumental in galvanising civilians for peaceful protests that eventually toppled Mubarak.

and stopped reading the first story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Nice parenting job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Vaguely recall reading a long time ago about an African lady (forget which country), whose tribe encouraged young couples to rear children early and she claimed to be 18 and a grandmother (she had a baby at 10 and her daughter at 8). Thought it impossible at the time and have never heard about it anywhere else. Maybe its not accepted as a record because it was hard to prove her age or something, being from a relatively backward tribe who hardly kept birth records I presume.

Does anybody else remember hearing about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Google is great

Her name was Mum-Zi (I kid you not), from Calabar in Nigeria and she was actually 17 when she became a grandmother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Its a bit sad when their only goal is life is to have a baby...
    Who with? Who cares...

"Trap a man by getting pregnant"... I remember hearing a bunch of girls back home saying this when I was a teenager, taught by their own mothers.

Bit sad really if that's your biggest aspiration in life, force someone to stay with them by getting pregnant as early as they can and having children when they're not grown up enough themselves to make sure the child doesn't turn out like them.

Feel sad for the kids, I'd say the parents should know better but unfortunately they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Mail's the only link with a pic ATM, unfortunately.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363699/Rifca-Stanescu-Gypsy-wife-worlds-youngest-grandmother-23.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Sweet mother of god, she looks like a bet-down 55-year-old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Copper23 wrote: »
    Its a bit sad when their only goal is life is to have a baby...
    Who with? Who cares...

"Trap a man by getting pregnant"... I remember hearing a bunch of girls back home saying this when I was a teenager, taught by their own mothers.

Bit sad really if that's your biggest aspiration in life, force someone to stay with them by getting pregnant as early as they can and having children when they're not grown up enough themselves to make sure the child doesn't turn out like them.

Feel sad for the kids, I'd say the parents should know better but unfortunately they don't.

lol, at that age most boys would do a runner, can't be forced into anything!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

where be my perv pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Mail's the only link with a pic ATM, unfortunately.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363699/Rifca-Stanescu-Gypsy-wife-worlds-youngest-grandmother-23.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

2ljp75l.jpg
    Request for gilf and ggilf pic withdrawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Uriel. wrote: »
    To tell you the truth the comments on the article caught my attention more so than the article itself.

A serious amount of abuse, racism and general prejudice there, along with a couple of clowns (imo) thinking that most people under the age of consent have sex anyway so we should just abolish prison sentences for people who have sex with those under the age of consent (irrespective of the ages involved). Tis a scary world out there, thank jebus I can shut most of the gobsheens out.:pac:
    Hope you're strapped safely to that high horse you're on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

She fled with her boyfriend because she was worried her father would force her to marry someone else in the village of Incesti in Romania

Fixed their post

EDIT : Where's the grandfather in all this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

lol, at that age most boys would do a runner, can't be forced into anything!

Maybe not at 10 but you'd be surprised what some teenagers/young adults will try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

Is the mother still in receipt of the childrens allowance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Absolute disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Pace2008 wrote: »

Here's a better pic
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DAOt3lcNnz4/TB58qYdf_fI/AAAAAAAAAvQ/xcTBvOXSq2k/s640/doubtfire.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement