Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Town Centre Bus Service - HELP

Options
  • 07-03-2011 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi, I'm travelling to Tralee this evening and have an interview in the morning at The Mall. I'll be staying in Oak Park. I've checked out Google Maps and could walk it for the interview but just in case weather isn't great or I'm running late it'd be good to have another option, but I can't really afford a taxi... I've come across the town bus timetable which seems to go from the Mall to Oak Park, but does anyone know if there's a return service to go the opposite direction or is the bus circles back around again. All help really, really, appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

In all honesty, I wouldn't rely on the bus if I had an interview in town. Depending on where you're staying it will probably be not very far to walk. But to answer your question: if the timetable is current then there seems to be a bus service between the mall (which is pretty much the town centre) and racecourse road in oak park. The plan you have probably seen already can be found here: http://www.ttca.ie/bus-timetable.pdf

If you intend to use it the other way you would best get out right at the end of the tour at Tesco Square (which is NOT the big Tesco at Manor, where the bus stops earlier) and then walk the 200 metres or so through the square. The buses are not what you might be used to in Galway, they are fairly small and old, mostly yellow and red van-like vehicles. So again, I'd rather walk :)
    Good luck for your interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

I hope all went well for you today!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

The buses are old Dublin City Imps, with about a bazillion miles up. Hope the interview went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

The buses are old Dublin City Imps, with about a bazillion miles up. Hope the interview went well.

That's an interesting piece of trivia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Adro947 wrote: »
    That's an interesting piece of trivia :)
    Some would disagree!:D
    MV76-large.jpg

http://www.irishbuses.com/CityImp.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭crazypanda

Is this the same service that students living in town use to get out to north campus?? I'm staying with a friend who lives out in oakpak by north campus next week and I'll probably wanna head into town while she's at college but she drives so she didn't know anything about the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

crazypanda wrote: »
    Is this the same service that students living in town use to get out to north campus?? I'm staying with a friend who lives out in oakpak by north campus next week and I'll probably wanna head into town while she's at college but she drives so she didn't know anything about the bus.

No its not, but the collage bus would be stopping at kings court student apartments which is right next to the shopping center Manor west. It also stops at An Sean Mhuíleann student apartments which is only down the road from Oakpark. You could walk from Oakpark to the town in 15 to 20min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭crazypanda

Vain wrote: »
    No its not, but the collage bus would be stopping at kings court student apartments which is right next to the shopping center Manor west. It also stops at An Sean Mhuíleann student apartments which is only down the road from Oakpark. You could walk from Oakpark to the town in 15 to 20min.

Is there anywhere online with the student bus timetable?

Advertisement