Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanmire Buses

Options
  • 07-03-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Going towards Glanmire by bus, via the Glanmire Road, but from there, where does the Glanmire bus go next? Does it go via Castle Park or does it go via the R639? I think it ends up at Knockraha, don't know where that is. I'd like to know what areas in Glanmire have a regular bus service. If anyone has any information on the Glanmire bus route, could they let me know.

Thinking of moving there but would be depending on a regular bus service into Cork City.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

knockraha & sarfields court route both serve Glanmire/ Riverstown , the timetables are on the bus Eireann website

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

I've looked at Bus Eireann timetable for Glanmire, but these timetables do not tell you exactly what roads in which area the bus takes e.g. from Glanmire Village to Hazelwood - what roads in between does the Glanmire bus take? Does it take the Castle Road or the R639 I think it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I don't know where the castle road is that you're talking about? Born & raised in Glanmire & have never heard of it. The Hazelwood/Knockraha bus goes the R639, turning right at the bottom of Barnavara Hill. The Hazelwood bus will come back around by Brooklodge to Hazelwood & goes back into town. The Sarsfield court bus goes straight through Glanmire

Thank you to the last poster for your information. It was Castle Park I was referring to not Castle Road - apologies. The reason I am asking about Glanmire buses is that we are thinking of relocating to Glanmire and I would need to know that I can get a regular bus into Cork and not have a half hour walk in the morning to get to the bus stop!! Forest Park in the Brooklodge area is where we are currently looking.

mariebeth wrote: »
    I don't know where the castle road is that you're talking about? Born & raised in Glanmire & have never heard of it. The Hazelwood/Knockraha bus goes the R639, turning right at the bottom of Barnavara Hill. The Hazelwood bus will come back around by Brooklodge to Hazelwood & goes back into town. The Sarsfield court bus goes straight through Glanmire

As you know Glanmire well, can I ask what is the town like, where is the nearest supermarket, pub etc? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Oleander wrote: »
    As you know Glanmire well, can I ask what is the town like, where is the nearest supermarket, pub etc? Thanks.

Glanmire is grand, the centre really is Hazelwood/Crestfield SC. There is a Super Valu, Credit Union, BOI, number of takeaways, beauticians, doctors surgery, two chemists, library, pet shop, and number of others within this centre, as well as a pub & off license: BK2. There are a few other pubs in the area like the Brook Inn & The Castle.

Advertisement