Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student grant

Options
  • 07-03-2011 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi i'm now a mature student dependant working 19 hours a week, i've applied to go back to college this year to do my second level 8 degree, and am wondering if i am eligable for a grant. this time in nursing (previously have an arts degree).
    I'm 23
    living at home with my parents-
    one is unemployed,
    the other parent is way under the cut off point which in my previous degree i was eligable for a grant.
    This is my second degree.
    I'm working part time doing 19 hours a week make about €700 a month.

Would any of these factors effect me not getting a grant as my parents are worried they won't be able to support me without a grant :/
    Any info or help would be brilliant! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

You can't get another grant unless you are going up a level. For example if you were doing a masters level 9 then you could. But seen as you are only doing a degree level 8, which you already have then you cannot get grant. Unless your first degree was an ordinary degree level 7. Check out www.studentfinance.ie

Advertisement