Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub for the Rugby 19th March

Options
  • 07-03-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi folks,

Im going to be staying in Drogheda on the 19th and was Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good pub to go watch the Ireland vs England match?
    Ive been in Mchughes before and wasnt impressed. And also was in Mcphails which was a bit of an eye opener (it was a Saturday night and after 11....which id been told can get a bit mental....I agreed with that statement afterwards lol. I wonder is it better for watching the matches?). Whats the story with redz?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Mc phails is the best pub in town for watchin the rugby . Big screen out the back . I would leave shortly afterwards though before it gets messy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Upstairs in The Punt is a good spot to watch a game, though if you are afraid of men with checked shirts and beady eyes leave after the game and go elsewhere as it can be quite frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dracman

Mc phails is the best pub in town for watchin the rugby . Big screen out the back . I would leave shortly afterwards though before it gets messy :D

Ha...Ill bear that in mind as Ive seen what can happen in there later in the night....:eek:.

Upstairs in The Punt is a good spot to watch a game, though if you are afraid of men with checked shirts and beady eyes leave after the game and go elsewhere as it can be quite frightening.

Where abouts is that pub in the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

The Black Bull is a good spot. And a nice pub too that ye could stick around in after without worry of it getting too much.

• Advertisement

Fair play to you mighty I forgot about the Black Bull....good pub. Been there a few times before for grub. Id forgotten about it actually. Might head up that way alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

The Black Bull is a good spot. And a nice pub too that ye could stick around in after without worry of it getting too much.

Remember to drape your V-necked pink sweater over your shoulders and shout "Tally ho! Go old boy! That's a try I tell you, a try!" when Ireland score.

Remember to drape your V-necked pink sweater over your shoulders and shout "Tally ho! Go old boy! That's a try I tell you, a try!" when Ireland score.
    lol...Ill remember that. Must make sure I wear a shirt with a big collar. Sounds like there will be a competition to see whos collar points closer to the roof by the end of the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

McPhails is THE rugby bar of drogheda....massive crowds with people who have known knowledge of the game...followed by live music weekend nights.....
    id be suspicious of others who dont recommend this bar for rugby :confused:

McPhails is THE rugby bar of drogheda....massive crowds with people who have known knowledge of the game...followed by live music weekend nights.....
    id be suspicious of others who dont recommend this bar for rugby :confused:
    Ah right...didnt know that. Thats where Id be looking for....good rugby spot with a good atmosphere.

• Advertisement

At least I have a few options to go by now. Thanks for the info lads. Hopefully we get a good result......:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭mattock

McPhails all the way, best rugby pub outside Dublin and mighty crack after the match, can be a pain getting served if your at the bar.

Shouldnt be a problem Mattock.......Ill make sure to order 2 or 3 pints at a time.....:D

Jesus lads what a disaster with the welsh game.....f*cking robbed. Heres hoping for a win at least on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

McPhails for atmosphere, Black Bull for comfort. :)

Advertisement