Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

So whats this so called "war" coming??
    Is it with that extremist group featured earlier in the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

great ep, some great themes covered, still upset over joss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Can't believe they used Digitalism on the soundtrack for this episode, worked perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Just caught up with the last two episodes, awesome stuff. Brave, but shakes things up. Love the way they did it, that phone seemed like it was ringing forever. And Quinn's comments about them all not being the heroes riding into the sunset were prophetic.
    First 5 minutes this week were intense too, thought it was going to lead into Reese going increasingly off the rails for a few eps, but tied it up nicely. Liked the way the episode was bookended by the machine that goes ping.

Bit confused by Shaw ("OK, that was kind of hot" :) ) - only one at the funeral not showing emotion, but she looked pretty damn angry beating up that guy in the bar.

Given we're going into a 4-week break now :(, surprised they didn't break on Endgame. Though I'm glad they didn't do it after The Crossing - would've been four weeks of hoping they hadn't really killed off
    Carter
    followed by about 10 seconds of hope with that sneaky diversion at the start of last night's ep.

Not really clear exactly where it's going to go from here, but given it's managed to reinvent itself in different directions about four times so far without any loss in quality, due mainly to the strength of the performances, fingers crossed it can do so again despite the loss of a great character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

MOH wrote: »
    Just caught up with the last two episodes, awesome stuff. Brave, but shakes things up. Love the way they did it, that phone seemed like it was ringing forever. And Quinn's comments about them all not being the heroes riding into the sunset were prophetic.
    First 5 minutes this week were intense too, thought it was going to lead into Reese going increasingly off the rails for a few eps, but tied it up nicely. Liked the way the episode was bookended by the machine that goes ping.

Bit confused by Shaw ("OK, that was kind of hot" :) ) - only one at the funeral not showing emotion, but she looked pretty damn angry beating up that guy in the bar.

Given we're going into a 4-week break now :(, surprised they didn't break on Endgame. Though I'm glad they didn't do it after The Crossing - would've been four weeks of hoping they hadn't really killed off
    Carter
    followed by about 10 seconds of hope with that sneaky diversion at the start of last night's ep.

Not really clear exactly where it's going to go from here, but given it's managed to reinvent itself in different directions about four times so far without any loss in quality, due mainly to the strength of the performances, fingers crossed it can do so again despite the loss of a great character.

I think it's the other way around. i think the shows strength mainly comes from the ability to change , whether thats cast members or plotlines. Yes the performances are excellent, but I think that comes from the dynamism of the writing

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    I think it's the other way around. i think the shows strength mainly comes from the ability to change , whether thats cast members or plotlines. Yes the performances are excellent, but I think that comes from the dynamism of the writing

Fair point, I probably phrased that badly. It's a combination of well-developed characters and acting that's helped it through the transitions, but it doesn't hurt that there's overall consistency to the writing. It's a welcome change from e.g. Burn Notice doing exactly the same thing 8 seasons in a row (must get around to the last season of that some year), or Lost going wildly in different directions without any feeling it was ever going to make sense.
    I was a bit worried when they resurrected HR that they were retreading old ground, but that turned out pretty interesting!

Did Root just injure Hersh while she was escaping from the mental hospital or kill him? And did we ever find out who the woman was he was working for at the end of season 2?

i dunno i never really believed the joss and the dead cop romance they said hello to each a few times went on a couple of dates and then we're supposed to believe how devastated after he is killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Posting while watching it, the opening montage was fanastic with the Johnny Cash track overlaid on it, the shot from the fixed camera in the car when the Russians were hit by the truck was outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Cracking ep overall. Show is pulling no punches this season. Really impressed by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Did Root just injure Hersh while she was escaping from the mental hospital or kill him? And did we ever find out who the woman was he was working for at the end of season 2?
    she injured him, the machine wouldnt let her kill anyone when she was breaking out, even him, cant remember who he was working for, or if they even told us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So whats this so called "war" coming??
    Is it with that extremist group featured earlier in the season?

I woud say Elias is going to be mixed up in the war some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Just watched the latest episode, epically good television. The show just keeps getting better and better.
    I would assume the extremist group will play a big part and I dont think we are finished with Shaws past yet either.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Finally caught up and wow, I did not expect Carter's exit! I hadn't seen previews or the like but during the ninth episode I really thought Fusco would bite it. Shocked that they bumped off Carter. That episode was worthy of a season finale.

In the opening of the most recent they showed a heart beat monitor and just for a moment (as I'm sure was intended) I thought it was Carter. Cruel cruel. Fantastic opening as has been said - film quality.

Loved the flash backs this week - each one an interview where the interviewer is barely seen and each time exploring a facet of the character.

I do wonder what the upcoming threat is. Guess it's tied into those guys we've met twice before as they're IT based much like the Machine.

This show justs get better and better! Another great episode.
    I thought for I second there was going to be a Warehouse 13 crossover :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I wonder if Samaritan is out there? The upcoming war could be machine vs. machine.

Great twist at the end (it caught me off guard too), and nice cliffhanger.

Mr E wrote: »
    I wonder if Samaritan is out there? The upcoming war could be machine vs. machine.

Great twist at the end (it caught me off guard too), and nice cliffhanger.

I think Root might be talking with Samaritan and not Harold's machine now.

Well, didn't have to wait to long to find out the answer to that!
    Great episode, very like
    the Elias introduction.
    Thought it was a bit too obvious all along where it was going with Claypool's secret, but even that was just to distract from the twist at the end.

When Fusco turned up watching Reese, and Finch was talking about having no backup, I kept wondering why he didn't just call Carter :(
    Yeah, that would explain why Root was treated so differently by the machine. (Although that would assume Samaritan was aware of the Machine reboot and deliberately synchronised its call to Root, not sure if that works).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't like Shaw's odds. The Machine is predicting about 85% chance of death.

I look forward to seeing how they get out of this.

Shaw is getting better at human interaction anyway and there were times where she was very Reese like.

I thought they were saying that once harold got his machine working first they shut all the other projects down because they didn't need them, but then the machine thinks samaritan could be working, I guess harold ain't the only genius around.

I thought they were saying that once harold got his machine working first they shut all the other projects down because they didn't need them, but then the machine thinks samaritan could be working, I guess harold ain't the only genius around.

Or Harold is such a genius that he created an AI so good that it finished off creating Samaritan for the company :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Rhavin

Nah, no fun in that, lets hope its this generations war between kitt and karr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Season1 up on netflix for those new to the show or those who want a rewatch!

talking is overrated :)

Exactly what I thought as soon as we found out there was a second machine. Did anything root say show she thought it was the same machine - I mean she kept calling it "the Machine" but is she aware it's a different one?

At a guess I'm thinking Samaritan has been allowed evolve more as an AI, unlike Harold's which was never allowed achieve consciousness. Samaritan wants to take a more active role in the world rather than the Machine's reactive one. So it's chosen Root as its agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Back tonight thank god

It's hammer time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

It's hammer time

She's becoming a brilliant character.

Temaz wrote: »
    She's becoming a brilliant character.
    she was a brilliant character after 5 mins :pac::pac::pac:

It's hammer time
    "I urge you to consider what Mr. Reese would do"
    "Brood"

Another great episode and nicely setting up a plot line for the remainder of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Excellent episode, not sure what the point of Reese coming back for a few minutes was other than a plot device. Pretty much my only complaint though. A bit shocked the machine let Root get hurt like that, but the machine speaking through her at the end of that encounter was brilliant.

Advertisement