Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Best network show right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm playing serious catch-up at the moment.. only episode 3 of season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've got 3 to watch tonight starting with S03E11 'Lethe'.

Excited :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

This latest episode is basically Die Hard on a Plane. It's epic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The resolution to the plane sequence (with Finch landing it) was ludicrous, but it was a great episode. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

miralize wrote: »
    This latest episode is basically Die Hard on a Plane. It's epic!

Way more enjoyable than Die Hard in an Airport :)

Was wondering at one point if they'd go so far as to make John the ONLY person onboard not trying to kill the guy (and maybe Holly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Way more enjoyable than Die Hard in an Airport :)

Was wondering at one point if they'd go so far as to make John the ONLY person onboard not trying to kill the guy (and maybe Holly)

Agreed....great humour as well!....Resse punching everone out :P ....the utterly ludricous xbox landing a plane :D

Even the stewardess was right out of Die Hard....but damn if it wasnt entertaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

where did he rustle up the flight controls?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

where did he rustle up the flight controls?
    Well he did say he'd played flight simulators so he was able to run over and grab the old control system lying on a shelf nearby.

Not my favourite episode - a little bit too silly for me after the run of serious arc episodes. Guess the show needed a bit of breathing room though as they couldn't keep up that intensity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

haha did they just rip off liam neeson new film Non Stop

another top episode,

Finch: Your welcome to join me
    Reese: i don't think i can, i said while im here i think ill get fitted for a new suit :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

great show im on episode 11

RTE 2 HD are showing season 1 again from Friday morning at 00.30 am! Wish they would start season 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Caught up... the episode on the plane with Neal from 'Freaks And Geeks' (he'll always be that character) was a little dull after what went before it.

Glad to see they've added the excellent Amy Acker to the main cast.

Returns tonight after a mini hiatus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Started on the 4th of few according to imdb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Back with a great episode and a new bad guy :)

Back with a great episode and a new bad guy :)

Yup....enjoyed that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Good episode this week. Nothing too crazy, but glad to have it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Taraji has signed on to a new pilot for Fox so much for her not wanting to do another tv series and concentrate more on theatre and movies

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Must be alone then in finding this episode very weak. My least favourite of the season. Found the characters and set up very cheesy and the mystery villain over the phone just made my eyes roll. Do we also need yet another person who is powerful with computers - don't we have that already?
    Only bit I enjoyed were some of Shaw's lines, particularly her quip when she asked Harold if he'd rather she was answering 911 calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

ixoy wrote: »
    Must be alone then in finding this episode very weak. My least favourite of the season. Found the characters and set up very cheesy and the mystery villain over the phone just made my eyes roll. Do we also need yet another person who is powerful with computers - don't we have that already?
    Only bit I enjoyed were some of Shaw's lines, particularly her quip when she asked Harold if he'd rather she was answering 911 calls.

Found it just a little bit of a stretch that out of the 30000+ 911 calls on that day the one related to Finch's case happened to be the one related to Fusco's case.
    (Although no more odd than me thinking for some reason I must rewatch Sleeper Cell about two minutes before I watched this episode, googling Melissa Sagemiller to see where I'd heard her name before, and realising the only thing I'd ever seen her in was Sleeper Cell. Weird coincidences do happen!).

Mind you, it's no wonder there's that many emergency calls.
    Given that nobody else in homicide apart from Fusco seems to know even the basics of investigating a crime!

Any yeah, a new mystery villian does seem unneccessary.
    Unless of course it's not a new villain ...

+1 for Shaw: her + questions + pliers + piercings = bad day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MOH wrote: »
    Found it just a little bit of a stretch that out of the 30000+ 911 calls on that day the one related to Finch's case happened to be the one related to Fusco's case.

But you don't find a machine that can predict the social security numbers of people who are going to die a stretch..:pac:

But you don't find a machine that can predict the social security numbers of people who are going to die a stretch..:pac:

I would, actually.

Less so a machine which, given massive amounts to data covering every aspect of people's lives, could determine when there was a high probability someone was in danger of being killed by someone else.
    Besides which, it's the central premise of the show. You either accept it as a given from the outset, or go and watch something else.
    To be honest, I started watching POI about 6 months ago. 6 months earlier, and it probably would have been too much of a stretch, I would have passed on it. But after Snowden's revelations about exactly how much snooping is going on (which just keep getting worse),
    combined the type of data mining even commercial organisations have been doing for a few years, and at least the "relevant" part of the machine suddenly doesn't seem that far-fetched at all. And the notion that such a program would pick up on the potential for civilian violent crime and the authorities would just dismiss those as irrelevant seems like an inevitable by-product.

But Fusco just happening to be flavour of the month at work, happening to change his mind about helping a new guy with a case, which happened to be linked to the 911 call that was the reason for Finch's thing (and also happened to be in the half of the shortlist that Fusco got). And even at that - it's a 911 call related to a murder. Why does that stand out to Fusco as being the call Finch is looking for? It's useful for him alright, but surely some of the other 300 calls could have been related to a murder or serious crime?

I actually enjoyed the episode on the whole, but I just felt the whole Fusco half of the story felt really loose, almost as if it was written by someone else to pad out an extra 15 minutes or so, and then really tenuously linked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

well its not simply a machine, its an Artificial Intelligence, and its constantly evolving, i remember when root was being interrogated, why didnt she just explain that the machine is self aware, that no one person controls it, why take a beating,

don ramo wrote: »
    well its not simply a machine, its an Artificial Intelligence, and its constantly evolving, i remember when root was being interrogated, why didnt she just explain that the machine is self aware, that no one person controls it, why take a beating,

Well yes, but the word machine was used in the question, hence the answer. Also it's been consistently referred to as "the machine", which now that I think of it is odd - particularly from Harold. Surely he'd at least call it "the program".
    (Actually I've probably more of a problem with the AI aspect of it than what it does).

I took it that root would follow the machines' instructions to her death if necessary, so she's only going to reveal as much as it wants anyone to know. Plus it's only by having the crap beaten out of her, and appearing totally helpless, that she can demonstrate to Control how pervasive the machine's control really is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I don't usually care for flashback episodes, but that was full of win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Most complicated way to introduce a new character... ever.

Great episode though. :)

Excellent stuff. Been a while since they did a bait-and-switch like the opening scene.
    What was the casting call for that like? Bloke wanted to impersonate Jim Caviezel. (Previous experience impersonating David Moyes a bonus)

Don't think I've seen as many main characters in the same episode in quite a while. Bit more background filled in, bit of a recap, and a ending that suggests after a few standalone eps it's going to ramp up for the remainder of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Have missed this what channel is it on at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking they could've had Carter back but it may have caused the effect of her last episode to lessen.

Now if only Casey was being chased by velociraptors.

Advertisement