Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Just caught up on last weeks episode now, really fantastic stuff. It was near the end when John had caught the new guy outside his friends office before I made the connection with the laptop. It was a really well structured piece of plot. I hope the writers of every other show are watching and making notes, THAT is how you're supposed leave a mystery in one episode and hen answer it in another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

stevenmu wrote: »
    Just caught up on last weeks episode now, really fantastic stuff. It was near the end when John had caught the new guy outside his friends office before I made the connection with the laptop. It was a really well structured piece of plot. I hope the writers of every other show are watching and making notes, THAT is how you're supposed leave a mystery in one episode and hen answer it in another.

You've lost me a bit - which episodes are you talking about?

In last weeks episode, which was a flashback to 2010, the guy they were protecting (Daniel Casey) got some code from The Machine onto a laptop which the Chinese later took. In a previous episode (S01E20), in a flashback Reese was sent to China with Kara to recover a stolen laptop, and at the end the CIA tried to destroy the laptop and kill Reese/Kara at the same time.

Also, I can't quite remember the details, but there was also an earlier episode where Finch recognised the code in some virus, I think this was the "tweaks" that Finch made to the code on the laptop before the Chinese got hold of it.

stevenmu wrote: »
    In last weeks episode, which was a flashback to 2010, the guy they were protecting (Daniel Casey) got some code from The Machine onto a laptop which the Chinese later took. In a previous episode (S01E20), in a flashback Reese was sent to China with Kara to recover a stolen laptop, and at the end the CIA tried to destroy the laptop and kill Reese/Kara at the same time.

Also, I can't quite remember the details, but there was also an earlier episode where Finch recognised the code in some virus, I think this was the "tweaks" that Finch made to the code on the laptop before the Chinese got hold of it.

Cheers. I'd somehow misread your post to mean you were talking about something to do with the laptop two episodes in a row, hence my confusion :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wow this is really leading to a fantastic season ending. I am loving how they are tying everyone and everthing together from all the years covered.

• Advertisement

Wow this is really leading to a fantastic season ending. I am loving how they are tying everyone and everything together from all the years covered.

It's really kicked back up a notch. Almost expecting Elias to turn up at this rate.
    Like the way sometimes stuff is clearly visible in advance if you look properly - when Root is following the number through the park there's a shot with the number in the foreground, her behind him, that goes on for slightly longer than seems necessary. Harold is clearly visible in side profile sitting on the bench, but I doubt anyone is going to have spotted him before he's "revealed" a few seconds later.

Who's Maria Martinez? She was one of the names in the machine's threat predictions at the end. There was also a "mass extinction event" at what google maps says is 280 Broadway, which looks a bit like Finch's library.

On the plus side, the dog doesn't seem to be targeted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Things not looking good for the 4 of them now. At least we know Root is working for the same machine as Finch.

Liked the bit with Agent Root of the FBI. Very random and funny.

And of course, more flirting with Shaw.

I do appreciate the amount of detail the makers of the show go into, from the alternate opening narration to small things like "Threats to asset" changing from 10 to 9 as Shaw shot one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

but but why didn't she go for the chip, needs of the many etc etc

but but why didn't she go for the chip, needs of the many etc etc

Guilt and Remorse would be my guess. She was hanging around Harold for too long :)

Guilt and Remorse would be my guess. She was hanging around Harold for too long :)

Plus she told Harold the machine kept telling her to save the guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Oh Jesus that was epic.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Awesome stuff again. With these two last episodes they have ramped the quality right up again and raised the stakes.
    I like that they gave Root a bit more character here and definitely showed how she's on their side and working with the same Machine. Plus she kicked some serious ass - go analog interface!

One think I'll have to quibble with - she asks Harold does he want to see two gods go to war as if he wouldn't. No! I really really really want to see the Machine vs Samaritan and we may very well get it.

Another great episode, this show just gets better and better.

At the end,when Harold had arranged for Fuscoe to give Root a lift, was he just assuming she would have more to do for the machine, or is he in more contact with the machine now?

"Cochlear Cuckoo" some great oneliners tonight and the story moved along nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

This just keeps getting better & better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Yeah, another cracker this week. Storylines getting closer and closer. I have a feeling things aren't going to be good when they cross.

Another great episode.

It's amazing really that this show can keep it writing standards so high.

It really is putting other Network shows to shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

S**t is about to hit the fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Sarah Shahi could carry an action film on her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Another great episode

• Advertisement

This show just get better and better.

The victim or perpetrator this week was quiet a twist.

Amazing is the only word for where they are going with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Wow like fecking wow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yikes. Bit of a game changer there.

Season 4 is going to be a very different show.

Loved that Daughter song at the end too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

A police surveillance network run by artificial intelligence? It's here http://www.itproportal.com/2014/04/16/aisight-the-surveillance-network-completely-run-by-ai/

BlW7NGdCAAAMXqu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

It's between this and Hannibal for must see tv, even more so than Game of Thrones for me.

One thing I love is how grounded the show can be regarding current events.

Either this is a major coincidence, or they are approaching South Park levels of immediacy and relevance:

http://s12.postimg.org/sf51rqmnx/Heartbleed.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

It's between this and Hannibal for must see tv, even more so than Game of Thrones for me.

One thing I love is how grounded the show can be regarding current events.

Either this is a major coincidence, or they are approaching South Park levels of immediacy and relevance:

http://s12.postimg.org/sf51rqmnx/Heartbleed.png
    a lot of the issues in the show are issues that are constantly popping up in the real world, its heartbleed now, it will be something else next year and the year after, its like the senator said people want to be watched they just dont want to know about it or how its done, id say a lot of it has been going on since world war 2, and its just digging deeper and deeper into our lives with technology,

you could make a case for this being the best show on tv right now, sure game of thrones it outstanding tv, but each season is 10 episode long and they have to books to draw on, which have been meticulously written over the last 18 years, whereas POI is only 3 seasons in and has twice as many episodes, and just seems to get better and better, each season could have 4-5 season finale worthy episodes,

i love how root is just popping up and grabbing one of them for help every so often,

Season 2 has been added to Netflix Ireland.

Another really good episode. This is leading up to what could be an amazing end of season finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭squonk

One of the absolute best shows on TV right now. It's just always consistently high quality at it's lowest levels and it's relative 'high quality' episodes are epics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

what do they expect finch to do, betray his own machine, or do decima still have issues with their own machine, that they hope finch can fix,

yet again this weeks episode could have also been a season finale episode:)

Advertisement