Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

This show gets better each week! Love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Rewatched the first episode there, I think I appreciated it more the second time around. Tempted to rewatch the series.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Tried the first 8 episodes of this on Netflix to really give it a go and it didnt hook me in.

I think Freak/Monster/Story Of The Week shows should all be a thing of the past by now with TV Drama. Season long arcs is where its at

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Tried the first 8 episodes of this on Netflix to really give it a go and it didnt hook me in.

I think Freak/Monster/Story Of The Week shows should all be a thing of the past by now with TV Drama. Season long arcs is where its at

It gets there mid-way through Season 2. It's spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I felt the same at the beginning and my viewing wasn't all that consistent. Miralize is right though, stick with it and come mid season 2 you won't be able to tune out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The story-of-the-week format is never going to go because too few viewers are willing to commit to a long run (or certainly the networks perceive it that way).

"Person of Interest" though starts introducing multiple plot arcs about halfway through the second season and from then on most episodes advance one or more of those plot arcs even if there's a "story of the week". That's why it gets so good - pieces move around, plots advance. And when they get to focus on the main story arcs for the entirety - that's when we get some of the best episodes of TV on any mainstream US network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Stick with it to see what a bad ass Sarah Shahi's character becomes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

DeWitt wrote: »
    I felt the same at the beginning and my viewing wasn't all that consistent. Miralize is right though, stick with it and come mid season 2 you won't be able to tune out.

We did the same, watched six episodes of Season 1 and although decent, not really good enough to keep watching (over other, better stuff).

If we re-try it is it necessary to watch Season 1 or could start at Season 2 without missing much?

I think Amy Ackers character is introduced at the end of S1 ( I may be wrong). Once she is in the show, it picks up momentum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

this is CBS you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It gets good about 8/9 episodes into season 1 imo. First couple of episodes are good as you aren't bored by the formula yet, gets a bit tedius from 4-7 IIRC, then its all uphill. As good as anything since the start of season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

this is a far superior procedural to the likes of CSI and Castle, where the main story takes aback seat till the 2 mid season episode and the last 2 episodes of each season,

yes season 1 and the start of season 2 stick pretty much to the procedural model, you'll start to see signs of them breaking from it more and more, till realistically every episode is relevant to the story, im finding it hard to think of a simple standalone episode yet in season 3, and its nearly over, i dont even think there was one,

for me this is by far the best show on network TV right now, 2 or 3 cable shows i think are better than it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wow I love this show.

Vigilance:eek::eek::eek:

vigilance is the weakest part, they've just come out of nowhere shooting

vigilance is the weakest part, they've just come out of nowhere shooting

ok now that i watched the latest ep a bit more of explaination, they took their time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking watching this episode that Root's a character that could've been written acted so wrong. She's a character who seemingly knows everything, thanks to the Machine but she doesn't get annoying. Like I said, it's both the way the character is written and also thanks to Amy Acker. Her interaction with Shaw is fun as well.

Liked how Shaw referred to her as a friend this week.

1 episode left in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just thinking watching this episode that Root's a character that could've been written acted so wrong. She's a character who seemingly knows everything, thanks to the Machine but she doesn't get annoying. Like I said, it's both the way the character is written and also thanks to Amy Acker. Her interaction with Shaw is fun as well.

I've had a major crush on Amy Acker for years. I just think she is brilliant in everything. Whedon loves her too, so no surprise for her cameo in Agents of SHIELD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

CastorTroy wrote: »

I'd have to disagree. I find her a very annoying character and the episodes I enjoy most are the ones where she appears the least. I just think that with her connection to the machine it make her too powerful, when she's involved it feels that the rest of the team are unnecessary and just getting in the way.

I'd also add that with her working with the machine it's hard to believe in the machine as one of the good guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

bluesfan wrote: »

I'd also add that with her working with the machine it's hard to believe in the machine as one of the good guys.

I think that's a very vital aspect of the show. Why do you assume the machine is good or bad or even capable of anything other than self-preservation and carrying out its function. The premise of the show is that it was created to detect potential acts of terrorism, but a by-product is that it also detects all potential serious crimes but the government doesn't care about that. We don't know enough about what the machine has become and why, but we know that it is in self-preservation mode right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Lads, I think I love her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wow that was an amazing ending!

Roll on season 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wow.

I've said it a few times, but I'll say it again - this show is the best show on network TV. Nothing else is even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Great season finale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Counting down the seconds to series 4.. Absolutely brilliant..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Just amazing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

For the first 20 minutes or so I wasn't overwhelmed - it all seemed too easy. They looked like they just sauntered into Samaritan's HQ and were going to take it down. Vigilance looked weak..

And then they flipped the tables. Some posters complained about Vigilance being a bit one dimensional - and they sort of were. Decima being behind them was excellent as was the fact that.. eh Decima one. Samaritan is online and are our heroes are scattered.

Really interested now to see what happens next season with them all split up and only Fusco leading a normal life. Will the other hackers have a bigger role now that they're anonymous?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Really great Finale. Can't wait for Season 4 now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great finale.

I was thinking that Reese may continue receiving numbers during the break then a mission brings him back in contact with 1 or more of the others. But then I realised the code used by the machine required the books in the library.

And why didn't Root cretae a new identity for Bear? :)

One question I did have was if the trial wasn't really being broadcast, how were the guys in the van watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭squonk

It was a great ending. Pretty good episode overall but the ending was fantastic. Very Orwellian! I ended up clapping at the fade to black one it was all over and it's not often I do that!

I probably shouldn't be but I am a little concerned about how they're going to retool the show from here. I generally applaud writers when they have the guts to do a reboot on a show and show they have the confidence to shift a show's premise around. The downside is that it can end up failing spectacularly. POI looks like it'll be a much different show next season so I hope they can keep up the quality and entertainment value we've gotten used to.

• Advertisement

Exit Music (For A Film). They could not have used a more fitting song. Amazing finale..

Advertisement