Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

squonk wrote: »
    It was a great ending. Pretty good episode overall but the ending was fantastic. Very Orwellian! I ended up clapping at the fade to black one it was all over and it's not often I do that!

I probably shouldn't be but I am a little concerned about how they're going to retool the show from here. I generally applaud writers when they have the guts to do a reboot on a show and show they have the confidence to shift a show's premise around. The downside is that it can end up failing spectacularly. POI looks like it'll be a much different show next season so I hope they can keep up the quality and entertainment value we've gotten used to.
    if the people making the show cant do it, then no one will ever be able to do it, i honestly dont think ive ever seen a show that increases in quality at the rate this does,

was it just me or did it seem like they were sowing some shaw/root seeds:D:D

just a great finale, i was a bit worried as the end of season 1 wasnt that spectacular, the 7-8 episode leading up to it were great, but the finale itself while not terrible didnt seem to live up to the expectation building in my head, whereas this seasons did live up to it, and then some,

so 7 individuals, 2 are already dead, so were down to 5, 4 of which are Finch/Reese/Shaw/Root, whos the other guy, im terrible with faces,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The 2 who died are from Vigilance, as far as I know. The other 3 being protected are Root's hacker team

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The 2 who died are from Vigilance, as far as I know. The other 3 being protected are Root's hacker team
    ah thought they were 2 of the 7, like i said, me and faces :cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Going to stab a speculative guess - when next season starts in September / October we'll see the little wheel, indicating the year, shoot past 2014 and head into 2015 (or beyond). Might be a flash forward but quite possibly knocking the show forward a year to see how the world is under Samaritan's watchful eye.
    The 2 who died are from Vigilance, as far as I
    know. The other 3 being protected are Root's hacker team
    Yep - they were Vigilance. The hackers are still among the seven. If they weren't then their servers weren't much use against Samaritan.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Great finale, another in a great run of episodes. This series keeps getting better, love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

MOH wrote: »
    Who's Maria Martinez? She was one of the names in the machine's threat predictions at the end. There was also a "mass extinction event" at what google maps says is 280 Broadway, which looks a bit like Finch's library.

On the plus side, the dog doesn't seem to be targeted.

I said that about an episode in mid-March. They really like hiding clues to what's going to happen in plain sight!

(Like the bit mid-episode where the machine detects an anomaly in the broadcast - it looks like Finch is trying to communicate with it, but it's obviously picking up that it's not really being broadcast.)
    One question I did have was if the trial wasn't really being broadcast, how were the guys in the van watching?
    I took it the trial was being broadcast to a single location, then relayed from there to the various Vigilance groups. Which would probably be fairly straightforward, given that Decima was Vigilance. And also given the blackout, only organised Decima groups with generators would be watching TV. Wouldn't be any chance of a stray member turning on their TV to find nothing was on.
    And why didn't Root cretae a new identity for Bear? :)
    Guess both the machine and Samaritan were only programmed to look for human threats!

Great finale. I assume it's been renewed? Although would work pretty well as a series finale too.

MOH wrote: »
    I assume it's been renewed? Although would work pretty well as a series finale too.
    your damn right its been renewed, jesus if this show couldnt get renewed id loose all hope for TV shows:),

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Finally got around to watching the first episode of this show on Netflix. I liked the first episode and seeing as it's got a fourth season it must be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Finally got around to watching the first episode of this show on Netflix. I liked the first episode and seeing as it's got a fourth season it must be good.

Enjoy. Unusually for a TV show, it gets better as it progresses with season 3 as the best so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Itssoeasy wrote: »

It really gets amazing over the seasons. Things that happen in the first few episodes that look like they don't mean anything are shown to mean so much in later seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

fascinating how the USA is making the same arguement that Finch was
    The government argued that, since the "inspection" of the data was to be carried out by a machine, they were exempt from the normal search-and-seizure protections of the Fourth Amendment.
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/20/why-did-lavabit-shut-down-snowden-email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

don ramo wrote: »
    your damn right its been renewed, jesus if this show couldnt get renewed id loose all hope for TV shows:),

I'm just assuming the worst since community :(
    But that's great news!

I've also just worked out why I've been singing a certain Radiohead song around the house for the last hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

I started watching this and it reminded me of The Equalizer so I stuck with it. So glad I did. It gets better and better. Roll on Series 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Hi,

I saw a promo on RTÉ early that said Person of Interest was returning with "the new season (or series not sure which she said)" later in July.

Does anyone know which season it is?

Is it the second or third?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Hi,

I saw a promo on RTÉ early that said Person of Interest was returning with "the new season (or series not sure which she said)" later in July.

2nd

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91052091&postcount=1397

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

Hi,

season 3.

season 4 starts in America in September. looking forward to the return.

Have they shown Season 2 yet? I've been watching season 2 on Channel 5 so not sure of Irish tvs run of it!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Have they shown Season 2 yet?

Not yet.

They are only just finishing the repeat of season one this coming Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

apologies, I just didn't think it was possible for RTE to be that far behind, while most of us are waiting for season 4

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    I just didn't think it was possible for RTE to be that far behind

To be fair Channel 5 have only just shown season 2 in the last few months too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Netflix Ireland already has season 2

it is weird that RTE are so far behind, the generally tend to be only a week or two behind on the american shows, and what even weirder is that POI is probably the best and most watched drama series currently airing on network TV in america

season 2 is where the show really kicks off, enjoy :)

Season 4 preview from comic-con, can not wait for this, looks like there isnt gonna be a reset at all, i love how the show refuses to do that and keep it moving forward and dealing with the issues head on, no normal BS solution and back to simple procedural stuff, more shows really need to pay attention to what this show does,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Salivating over that sizzle reel. One of my favourite things that came out of this year's SDCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

don ramo wrote: »
    it is weird that RTE are so far behind, the generally tend to be only a week or two behind on the american shows, and what even weirder is that POI is probably the best and most watched drama series currently airing on network TV in america

season 2 is where the show really kicks off, enjoy :)
    And it's strange that they picked it up when did they too because the first two seasons became available on Netflix UK & Ireland not long beforehand. I know a lot of people who've picked up on the show that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

The Black Angels song really suits that video.

Can't wait for season 4, i jumped up off my chair when john said to harold "we need a purpose"

What date in september is it starting??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Of course the dog is a member of the team :D

What date in september is it starting??
    23rd of september,

Of course the dog is a memeber of the team :D
    yeah at the start of season 2 they added a dog to the cast, no new actors a dog, and it worked, but i really fear for him at times,

• Advertisement
Advertisement