Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

PERSON OF INTEREST: THE ESSENTIAL EPISODES THAT WILL CATCH YOU UP
    Season 1 - "Pilot" - "Ghosts" - "Witness" - "Root Cause" - "Many Happy Returns" - "No Good Deed" - "Firewall"

Season 2 - "The Contingency" - "Bad Code" - "Prisoner's Dilemma" - "Dead Reckoning" - "Relevance" - "Trojan Horse" - "Zero Day" - "God Mode"

Season 3 - "Liberty" - "Nothing to Hide" - "Lady Killer" - "Endgame" -
    "The Crossing" - "The Devil's Share" - "Lethe" - "Aletheia" - "RAM" - "Beta" - "A House Divided" - "Deus Ex Machina"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Begreat if there was a site that did that for every series. So if you want to watch a series without any filler episodes. Imagine how quickly you'd get through shows then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Begreat if there was a site that did that for every series. So if you want to watch a series without any filler episodes. Imagine how quickly you'd get through shows then

I think it's a terrible idea. You might get the core plotline, but you'd miss most of the character development. And you're relying on someone else's list - that one is terrible.
    Most of season 1 is missing, including episodes which introduce recurring characters who are now going to turn up in future episodes without their background established (Zoe in the Fix, Mark Snow in Number Crunch, Simmons in Blue Code).
    Let alone the fact it leaves out Matsya Nyanya, which is the basis for everything that ultimately leads to Samaritan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

haha that list is hilariously bad, they only have half of season 3, which to me is an almost perfect example of keeping up a great intensifying storyarc over the course of a 24 episode season, probably 2 or 3 filler episodes in season 3, if even, every episode had a meaning to the overall story,

i really cant wait for this show to be back, by far my favorite network show,

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Heads up that it returns tonight/early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Great return for the series. I was really struck by the contrast in intelligence between this and Scorpion, the new CBS high tech thriller. Poles apart, in my view.

Between the Samaritan graphics, Carter's desk, the sideways gun, another Wire alumnus, a new female Herschel, using obsolete technology to hide, and the best taste in montage songs (see below), it's great to have it back.

This takes priority over Agents of Shield every day of the week!

Also, nice nod to current events:
    MXgMIIk.png

• Advertisement

Also, nice nod to current events:
    MXgMIIk.png
    yeah the attention to detail in this show is unrivaled, a great opener, i wonder if they will start the season off slow, by keeping it down to the number and bring samaritan into it more in the second half of the season,

they really are making samaritan out to be pure evil, eliminating anything that is a threat to its existence, or anything that can reveal it,

great return, i expected noting less from this show,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very good starter and nicely set up Samaritan. Wonder why Decima is disbanding though? Was it only set up for Samaritan?

My OH is lucky here. He's only just started season one where it's far more episodic. He doesn't yet realise just how good it's going to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭squonk

Great opener! Lots of questions raised so far. Decima and who the Homeland Security agent was/is. How will the group avoid getting identified? Plenty of material to be getting on with. On a side note, can we have a web mini series based around Shaw working in the department store? She looked so out of place. Her wrapping Root's gift had me in stitches! She's one seriously hot lady, though I suspect Shaw might beat serious crap out of me for even saying that! :)

squonk wrote: »
    Great opener! Lots of questions raised so far. Decima and who the Homeland Security agent was/is. How will the group avoid getting identified? Plenty of material to be getting on with. On a side note, can we have a web mini series based around Shaw working in the department store? She looked so out of place. Her wrapping Root's gift had me in stitches! She's one seriously hot lady, though I suspect Shaw might beat serious crap out of me for even saying that! :)
    thats the thing with yerone, shes not a government agent, she works for decima or more than likely samaritan itself, whereas Harolds machine was protected by the government, samaritan protects itself, shes samaritans root,

yeah its gonna be interesting see what the machine has in store for shaw, did it send her to that crew for some rest and relaxation, or is she gonna be taking them down at some point, her reaction to see john as a cop was brilliant, but also it was interesting seeing her stop john, knowing the consequences for the 7 of them if john finished the job there and then,

Shaw was in hell. Not only the job itself, but she had to be friendly and deal with people. Not exactly qualities she's known for. If it was a job in a gun shop she'd be happier. though as was suggested in a review I read, it was probably the Machine playing a joke on her since the Machine is so in touch with Root and knows Root enjoys messing with her.
    Also convenient that Root seems to be rich in her new life.

Great opening episode anyway which sets things up for the season with the new network and the abandoned subway station(?). Wonder if they'll be sharing with turtles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I liked the changes in UI for Samaritan. Looks evil-er! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how was the eveil computer not seeing them was the good computer interefering with it

That was what was done at the end of last season by Root and her hacker crew. They made the 7 of them (Root, Shaw, Finch, Reese, the 3 hackers) invisible to Samaritan using the servers. It's all they could do since they couldn't stop Samaritan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another really strong episode.

The standard of this show is amazing if it was made by HBO it would be the most talked about show in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That episode was absolutely fantastic. I have a feeling that Claire is going to be a major player this season.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    That episode was absolutely fantastic. I have a feeling that Claire is going to be a major player this season.
    as wil be her counterpart in the first episode, their doing a good job of making samaritin out to be the machines evil counterpart, purposely putting claire in danger only to save her at the last second so she will comply, i think maybe finch may have gotten to her a little and maybe she could end up being a way of taking samaritin down,

either that or shes gonna be twice as evil as we all thought root was gonna be,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭squonk

Excellent episode. Nice to see the emergence of a new root for the Samaritan side, though Claire is more manipulated by Samaritan than our Root is by the machine.

I am hoping that somewhere, far along the line, some of her experiences with Finch and the team will come back to Claire and maybe stop her from destroying the team or even allow her to join them as an inside man on the Samaritan team, helping to take Samaritan down. It could go anywhere from here and it could be next Season before she shows up again!

One major black mark! Root is masquerading as a flight attendant and we're not given even a scene of her in that uniform! Unusually sloppy writing! Time to pick up the standard FFS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Another great episode :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

When's ep3 out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Trilla wrote: »
    When's ep3 out?

Late in the am on Tuesday nights afaik.

Late in the am on Tuesday nights afaik.
    wednesday mornings, this and Agents of SHIELD, i like wednesday mornings:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

don ramo wrote: »
    wednesday mornings, this and Agents of SHIELD, i like wednesday mornings:)

I like Wednesday evenings & lunchbreaks :(

miralize wrote: »
    I like Wednesday evenings & lunchbreaks :(
    the joys of working evening shifts :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Pretty weak episode bar the Finch and Root stuff.

• Advertisement

I know it goes without saying but Shaw is feckin gorgeous.

I enjoyed this episode. I like Shaw and Fusco as a team. Actually pretty much every pairing in this show is fun.

Don't really want Reese and the new captain to become a couple, but if we get her helping out, I wouldn't complain.

One question I have though: How much does Fusco know? The reason I ask is because Shaw said he may be the perp which implies Fusco knows they get information but not much detail.

Advertisement