Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pretty weak episode bar the Finch and Root stuff.

Agree, especially comparing to ep02

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Trilla wrote: »
    Agree, especially comparing to ep02

I'm willing to forgive though given the level of quality we have been showered with over the last few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I thought the Reece storyline was good actually - it's important for development of his character, who was starting to feel exceptionally one-dimensional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

I'm willing to forgive though given the level of quality we have been showered with over the last few seasons.
    nah thats it im done, it was a good run:P:P:P

the root and finch story was pretty good, love root, i do wonder how the machine talk to her, does it talk cryptically to her, and have her fill in the blanks herself, or does it talk direct action wise,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I'm still enjoying this show so I'm staying. It has nothing to do with the fact that Jim Caviezel is a big roide; nothing I tells ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

squonk wrote: »
    One major black mark! Root is masquerading as a flight attendant and we're not given even a scene of her in that uniform! Unusually sloppy writing! Time to pick up the standard FFS :)

but we did get a good look at the body.... of that car they were advertising :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Dub_Steve

Completely forgot about this show, havent seen any of the new season yet

Dub_Steve wrote: »
    Completely forgot about this show, havent seen any of the new season yet

You'll enjoy the first two episodes

How could you forget about Fusco and co :P ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭squonk

Haven't caught the very latest episode but Fusco trying out the dating scene was fun! It was a bit of a throwaway, filler episode but it's nice to take a break from the primary plot and also from some of the more high energy episodes we've been treated to over the past while. Finch getting moey'd up was important for maintaining things going forward and I'd say Shaw and Reece won't turn their noses up at the weapons cache either! Treats for everybody! :)

Amidst all this love for Shaw, I have to say I'm team Root. Nothing wrong with Shaw but Amy Acker is seriously gorgeous!

Another so-so episode for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, 2 ok-ish ones in a row. Better than last week's (just about)

Needs more Root (and Samaritan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think they are building up a drug war to get more of Elias into the show.

Samaritan & Elias are the shows two big bads that need to be taken down in the end.

Another so-so episode for me.

Agreed. Didn't enjoy it that much.

I want Root!

Trilla wrote: »
    I want Root!

Sorry! I bagsed her first! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They're usually better with their twists. I mean constantly going on about a mole in the DEA without introducing us to another DEA agent kinda makes it obvious.
    Though maybe that was to distract from the Dominic twist.

Didn't get though why he went to the drug deal considering his intention to stay low profile..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They're usually better with their twists. I mean constantly going on about a mole in the DEA without introducing us to another DEA agent kinda makes it obvious.
    Though maybe that was to distract from the Dominic twist.

Didn't get though why he went to the drug deal considering his intention to stay low profile..
    but blending in with footsldiers is the best way, and it worked, shaw didnt click it,

yeah the DEA thing was fairly telegraphed, i was thinking we may get another agency involved this season, but my initial suspicions played out instead, must say they didnt waste time in tying it up either,

somehow i think elias is gonna play into the brotherhood story more as the season progresses,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After a couple of OK-ish episodes, we're back on track - that was EXCELLENT!

Something about the machine vs. machine gunfight reminded me of the Matrix. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    After a couple of OK-ish episodes, we're back on track - that was EXCELLENT!

Something about the machine vs. machine gunfight reminded me of the Matrix. :)

Pulsating episode!

Not too keen on Anti-Root, aka Martine. Not just because she got me worried for Root, but because she just seems too robotic or something. Guess she's a cross between pre-Machine Root and Shaw.

Was actually worried for Rot from the way she was talking. So was she gonna say she loved Shaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Great episode! And finally Harold and the machine will have a chat!!

I agree about Martine. Too Robotic, a little OTT.

Great scenes between Harold and Root. I liked the flashbacks too.

• Advertisement

Yeah the flashbacks didn't just show the Machine's Origins but also kind of showed us what Samaritan is like without having Finch as its conscience.

Yup great episode and kind of depressing too actually. Having the stats guy getting lobotomized so to speak to save him was kind of a major downer. It all felt very fatalistic and the flashbacks just showed how well Finch had done in creating the machine in the first place. I too thought they were going a bit too Terminator with the Samaritan agent. The way she moved her head to the side was straight out of Terminator. It was just a step too far for PoI but still a minor distraction from an otherwise brilliant show.

I though Terminator as well when I say her with the head movemets.

Then I thought with the ear peice maybe she has some kind of google glasses as contact lenses in showing her maps of the area around so she was tilting her head to the map.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Brilliant episode. Loved the previous flashbacks to the Machine and how it kept going down the wrong route despite Harold's best attempt. Also love the big chunky AI, compared to the slick current Samaritan.

Root was very strong in this episode and the shoot out, as she got her guidance back, was good to see. Seeing the switches to the Machine's POV and Samaritan's POV worked well.

I also thought the Terminator when watching Anti-Root. However, I'd agree she's got some sort of Google Glass-like interface and is being directly fed information. I also reckon that neither Samaritan or Decima would have let anyone with even an ounce of humanity have such a direct line.

I'm going to stab a guess that you'll find Anti Root had her brain wiped (accidentally or on purpose) and is now being directly controlled by Samaritan, hence the machine like purpose. She's a human controlled by a computer, a direct comparison to the idea of a computer controlled by a human and something the show would likely explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Fantastic ep and the best yet since we've returned. Loved all the flashbacks, and the dialogue between Root and Harold. Acker was sensational this week. Jason Ritter brought a lot to his guest part too, and I'm in agreement in regards to anti-Root. It doesn't help that's she's blonde either. I keep thinking of Kristanna Loken from T3.

At first I thought she was being played by Alaina Huffman from SGU and Supernatural

Honestly I didnt enjoy it as much as the first 3 of the new season
    On a par with the previous one...

"How do you do that with your voice" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Best episode of the season so far, really enjoyed that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A very strong stand-alone episode. Really liked the idea that Reese inspired someone to fight crime and the parallels with super-heroes. It was aided by one of the best "number of the week" guest stars they've had in a long while.

I'm guessing if Elias goes to war with Dominic that it'll spill over into John & co's life and bring the attention of Samaritan.

One thing on Samaritan: Whenever I see John Nolan in the Guest Starring credits a part of me is spending the whole episode waiting for him to show up and, in his cultured English voice, talk about the next phase in Samaritan's plan. What's interesting is how he doesn't really know any more.

Advertisement