Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That was a fun episode.

I'm really beginning to notice Shaw getting even more of a personality with the way she smiles and laughs without faking it.

Reese being told about the difference he makes was cool too.

Seems like Finch is moves ahead of Samaritan for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

this show bumped a night because of the elections?

looks like it might be on tonight

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

this show bumped a night becasue of the elections?
    More likely just bumped because US scheduling is idiotic and we always have to suffer gaps so they can spread 22 episodes over 8 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

this show bumped a night because of the elections?

looks like it might be on tonight

Yes only the odd sit com and cable shows ran last night because of the elections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

wiki says not until the 11th?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

ixoy wrote: »
    A very strong stand-alone episode. Really liked the idea that Reese inspired someone to fight crime and the parallels with super-heroes. It was aided by one of the best "number of the week" guest stars they've had in a long while.

I'm guessing if Elias goes to war with Dominic that it'll spill over into John & co's life and bring the attention of Samaritan.

One thing on Samaritan: Whenever I see John Nolan in the Guest Starring credits a part of me is spending the whole episode waiting for him to show up and, in his cultured English voice, talk about the next phase in Samaritan's plan. What's interesting is how he doesn't really know any more.

One of the more blunt Batman Dark Knight references along with the line about Reese's voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭squonk

John Nolan always reminds me of Winston Smith from 1984. I'm sure it's maybe not intentional but he sounds invredibly like John Hurt. It just adds to the entire show for me really.

is it out today?

Trilla wrote: »
    is it out today?

Yes and another good episode as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Yep, and a fantastic one at that.
    Oh Gosh, that last scene. So many possibilities.

• Advertisement

Root as the nannie... Oh lord what I wouldn't do!

Ashur! Wonder if we'll have him join Team Machine down then line or if he'll be a mole.

The whole Root/Shaw relationship is great in this series. Root commentating on Tomas' seduction was brilliant.

DeWitt wrote: »
    Yep, and a fantastic one at that.
    Oh Gosh, that last scene. So many possibilities.

How do you mean? Because the relevant numbers guy might switch sides and help them bring down Samaritan or because Samaritan has identified Shaw?

Agree on the Shaw and Root relationship. It's such good fun. There are so many well written, strong women characters on this show.

Ageyev wrote: »
    How do you mean? Because the relevant numbers guy might switch sides and help them bring down Samaritan or because Samaritan has identified Shaw?
    Those two, and how it could play out. I know some people are theorising that it could be a plot twist that Shaw is staying not because she cares, but because she's a double agent for Samaritan (or will jump sides because of her identity being revealed).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I'm a few episodes behind so avoiding spoilers, but just came across this, including:
    Another Brit Adam Laurie of Aperture Labs also used NFC to bust a LG Nexus 5 through forced Bluetooth device pairings, a plot observers noted that was part of TV flick Person of Interest.

but because she's a double agent for Samaritan (or will jump sides because of her identity being revealed).

I'd seriously doubt both

Best episode of the season so far.

S04E08.....

Really good episode. Interesting development with Shaw. The Dominic stuff is a bit sub-The Wire.

I thought the overlapping covers/motives were a bit sloppy. Can't wait for the next Root vs. Rousseau shoot-out,; it will be tense. I expect casualties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great episode, nice ending. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Still the best show on telly atm :)

• Advertisement

I love the way all the sides are picking up soldiers along the way for the war that is coming.

Nice to see Reese flirt a bit as well and add a bit more to his wooden ways.

I can just see Fusco & Shaw having a drunken one nighter after a close call. The awkward moments that would cause after would be so fun to watch

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Raf32 wrote: »
    Still the best show on telly atm :)

Agreed. That was the best eposide so far. Can't wait for the next one.

I wonder what happens next? They said they want to make it a show where anything could happen (look at Carter when she died), Shaw is a just as much a beast as Carter, if not more.

Do you think Samaritain will ever be brought down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭squonk

Once again PoI is doing the sort of stuff mid season that most other shows couldn't quite pull off for a season finalé! This week's episode was cracking. The sense of danger with John possibly getting exposed to IA was great. I love how this show treates love interests in a standoffish way that doesn't detract or obstruct the plot. Looks like John will be in line for some out of hours private counselling sessions before long! :)

The dominic plotline is great. He's a good replacement for HR and I'm hoping the stakes rise quite a bit there. Next week looks like a cracker where they're going to have to protect Elias. That final scene with Shaw and The Samaritan agent was fantastic! I hope Shaw has more than makeup in her handbag! :) I suspect she does!

While I was watching this week it occured to me at one point how lucky we are to have this show. It's absolutely first rate and is one of the finest week on week shows I've seen in a long time. I think it'll go down as a classic.

The undercover IA agent was like a Shaw in training.

As has been said, this show is great every week. And to say next week will be good as well is stating the obvious, but definitely looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Enjoying this season but seriously praying they won't pull a switcheroo and have the Samaritan agent falsely identify the woman buying the make up from Shaw as the target.

Really really hoping they don't. But I can see it happening. Tv shows do it quite often.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Enjoying this season but seriously praying they won't pull a switcheroo and have the Samaritan agent falsely identify the woman buying the make up from Shaw as the target.

Really really hoping they don't. But I can see it happening. Tv shows do it quite often.

There is some fan speculation that Shahi is pregnant based on the way they've been filming her in the last few episodes(above chest, subtle blocking,creative angles for full shots) so if it's true and they're writing around it, the Samirtan storyline is probably set up to let Shaw go MIA for a few eps.

There is some fan speculation that Shahi is pregnant based on the way they've been filming her in the last few episodes(above chest, subtle blocking,creative angles for full shots) so if it's true and they're writing around it, the Samirtan storyline is probably set up to let Shaw go MIA for a few eps.
    Having her alter ego's job having her stand behind a near chest high counter.
    Could be very true

I WANT ROOT!

Trilla wrote: »
    I WANT ROOT!

I am Groot?

Loving the return of Elias, always brings a calculated, civilised and cold business manner to proceedings. He is played so well by Mathesar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

good series , whats with the flirting between Root and Shaw though , as one critic said, they should get a room and then let me in that room ;-)

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement