Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Yeah the interaction of the two avatars was a bit daft, almost like they became the AIs, taking on mannerisms and affectations rather than just relaying words as prompted.

Still, another great episode and ratchets up the tension yet again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent episode and the stakes are being raised higher. When Root/TheMachine acknowledged that Samaritan would destroy her/it, a chill went down my spine.

Just think of how this show has changed: in the first season it was John getting numbers from some machine that was, for the viewer, little more than a computer program. Now the basic story has evolved so much that there's two AIs going to war on the fate of mankind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You think Samaritan will be dealt with by the end of the season? Wondering where they go from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Yeah the interaction of the two avatars was a bit daft, almost like they became the AIs, taking on mannerisms and affectations rather than just relaying words as prompted.
    that seemed to be the case for his henchman too, and the henchlady in previous eps, and root before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭conorhal

I've had to radically reassess this show, I'd dropped it thinking that the series was just a dressed up procedural with a twist but I did dip back in towards the end of season two (or possibly 3, I'm not sure which series is currently running on RTE2) but the end of the last season a few weeks back was possibly the smartest, hard-core sci-fi I've seen on television in a very long time. It made Interstellar look as stupid as it was, but few seem to have recognised that this is in fact the most thoughtful and well written sci fi series on air.

• Advertisement

conorhal wrote: »
    I've had to radically reassess this show, I'd dropped it thinking that the series was just a dressed up procedural with a twist but I did dip back in towards the end of season two (or possibly 3, I'm not sure which series is currently running on RTE2) but the end of the last season a few weeks back was possibly the smartest, hard-core sci-fi I've seen on television in a very long time. It made Interstellar look as stupid as it was, but few seem to have recognised that this is in fact the most thoughtful and well written sci fi series on air.

Shhh don't call it Sci-Fi. I know some people who love this but "hate" Sci-Fi.
    One of its successes is hiding that it is really a modern set science fiction show

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭conorhal

Shhh don't call it Sci-Fi. I know some people who love this but "hate" Sci-Fi.
    One of its successes is hiding that it is really a modern set science fiction show

Such people often think of sci-fi as somthing that involves the far flung future in deep space, PoI explores the idea of a singluarity coming into existence and the implications of that for our world, like all good sci-fi it explores the quandries of modern society and morality through the prism of the fantastic.
    PoI does this in a really considered and smart manner, I hope it continues to do so.

conorhal wrote: »
    Such people often think of sci-fi as somthing that involves the far flung future in deep space, PoI explores the idea of a singluarity coming into existence and the implications of that for our world, like all good sci-fi it explores the quandries of modern society and morality through the prism of the fantastic.
    PoI does this in a really considered and smart manner, I hope it continues to do so.

All true but if you label it Sci-Fi I can guarantee that some people will immediately write it off, without ever watching it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Am I the only one who thought the kid being the voice of Samaritan was a bit far fetched?

Nope you're not! I actually was a bit pissed off at it tbh

Trilla wrote: »
    Nope you're not! I actually was a bit pissed off at it tbh
    Wasn't a big fan of that particular trope. It does fall in a little with what we've seen before when Finch stopped the free tablet scheme that he feared would indoctrinate kids. This shows how his fear of kids being malleable could be true. Also a glimpse of what Samaritan sees for its future vision of the world.
    Would have been more interesting to have a happy kid rather than what they did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Who was the kid? Where did he come from? I thought his performance was a bit silly, like something from The Omen or The Exorcist.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Who was the kid? Where did he come from? I thought his performance was a bit silly, like something from The Omen or The Exorcist.

Great acting
    but he shouldn't of even been there tbh

Trilla wrote: »
    Great acting
    but he shouldn't of even been there tbh
    In fact why didn't they use the girl from the second episode who, after playing a deadly series of games, was recruited by Samaritan? It would have had more of an emotional impact too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The one thing I have learned for PoI is don't judge it before the season finales.

There might just be another reason the young boy was used.

The one thing I have learned for PoI is don't judge it before the season finales.

Other than having a hearing aid like Root

couldn't help but think of the sixth sense watching it
    Other than having a hearing aid like Root

exactly

ixoy wrote: »
    In fact why didn't they use the girl from the second episode who, after playing a deadly series of games, was recruited by Samaritan? It would have had more of an emotional impact too.

Good shout, I was looking forward to seeing her again after that episode.

Speaking of recurring characters where is Zoe Morgan? I though it odd that she was absent in the series 3 finale.

Speaking of recurring characters where is Zoe Morgan? I though it odd that she was absent in the series 3 finale.

She not tied up with "The 100"?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

This episode was really good imo.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    You think Samaritan will be dealt with by the end of the season? Wondering where they go from here

As a prediction, I think not. But PoI can't continue on without the Machine, that's the whole basis for Rease, Finch, Root etc. Or is it? Something will happen though, very hard to predict what the season finale will be like. It's going to be good.

I really hope that it doesn't finish after Season 4.

I thought she'd be in the last episode seemingly as they said there would be recurring characters.

Here is the promo for the next one:

I really hope Root is alive at the end. PoI wouldn't be the same without her. Maybe Zoe Morgan might replace Root??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

She not tied up with "The 100"?

Yep, though she has managed to free up her schedule for one guest appearance this season from what I've read.

• Advertisement

I for one would like to see Zoe battle some of the Samaritan goons. Iirc though she's not fully clued in to how The Machine works.

Joss' death hit me kinda hard so I'm worried about more casualties but Zoe could fill in easy enough I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wow that trailer looked great! Maybe that would have been a better mid season finale? Never heard it referred to as a trilogy before....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Mr E wrote: »
    Wow that trailer looked great! Maybe that would have been a better mid season finale? Never heard it referred to as a trilogy before....

I was a bit confused by that, but I think they're referring to a run of 3 episodes.

Mr E wrote: »

Last season when Carter died was died was a 3 episode special this season they had a 3 episode arc based around Elias.

So the trilogies are now looking like a mini arc season changers in the overall season arc.

guys when is episode 11 out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

January 6th in America.

:eek::eek::eek: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :(:(:(

WOW I'm lost for words that might be the best episode yet.

:eek::eek::eek: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :(:(:(

WOW I'm lost for words that might be the best episode yet.

Me too.
    Got a bit fed up of the Groundhog Day thing by the final simulation though. I figured that someone was dying after they teased it in the previous sims and wasn't surprised it was Shaw as she's probably the most replaceable character (or at least that's what the writers may have thought).

The bomb vest guy was a bit of a silly plot point. Bit too contrived overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I'm not okay. Man, that episode was something else. The promo for next weeks just broke my heart into a million pieces too.

So grateful for this show. It never dissapoints. POI Groundhog day A+++++

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Powerful final scene. Wow.

Advertisement