Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd happily see it end after this final season if they go out with a finished story line for all involved and leave no cliffhanger at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah it's gotten to the point where they should just have a short final season to properly go out with a bang and then finish it. If it continued they'd have to either just go back to case of the week stuff which wouldn't be worth it, or come up with an even bigger threat than Samaritan which would just be too OTT (which is saying a lot considering how OTT Samaritan already is).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah it's gotten to the point where they should just have a short final season to properly go out with a bang and then finish it. If it continued they'd have to either just go back to case of the week stuff which wouldn't be worth it, or come up with an even bigger threat than Samaritan which would just be too OTT (which is saying a lot considering how OTT Samaritan already is).

Yup, was going to say that myself: narratively speaking it's hard to imagine how you can go bigger or badder than Samaritan; and assuming that plotline gets resolved in the half-season, where could the show possibly go from there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Still no word on when this will be back. The petition shouldn't be save the show, it should be play the show!

Sarah Shahi has been cast in a new show so even if it does come back I'm guessing it'll be without her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

its more annoying that the show still hasnt ****ing returned, ive come to terms that this is gonna be the last season, and i think its fitting to be honest, id rather have 5 great seasons and the show going out on top, like breaking bad, rather than have it drag on for 1 or 2 season and going out with a whimper like dexter,

ive heard they have these great plans that they would have liked to do, but i dont really see how they could get 3 or 4 more seasons out of the show, fair enough as much i loved the show from the start, i never thought it would become the show it has become, growing better year on year,

its made by a very creative team and the show it light years ahead in story development than a lot of network and cable shows, it really rings through that the people making this show know what their doing and love their job,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Finally a date: May the 3rd.

And it's being burnt off so we'll be getting two episodes a week until the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

90 minutes of POI a week sounds good to me. Hope they can finish strong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Mr E wrote: »
    90 minutes of POI a week sounds good to me. Hope they can finish strong!

2 episodes a week of short season means It'll be gone too soon though. Sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They'd better have a proper ending. They've had plenty of time to film one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Thought that was confirmed months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thought that was confirmed months ago.

I think JJ alluded to it but nothing official until now

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think JJ alluded to it but nothing official until now

Ah, I was mentally prepared for it anyway!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A full trailer finally popped up for this final season: really had forgotten about this show, and seemed like CBS did as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Terrible that it's cancelled. Would this mean a smaller budget for the final few episodes? I was really hoping for something big and scary with regards to The Machine v Samaritan

Sameen is back! Yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Root and Shaw
    !!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Unfollowing before ye reck it on me.........byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i just cannot wait for this,

im gonna be pissed if they make shaw some kind of samaritan fembot though, i said it last year also, i dont want to see what is an awesome show ruined by something stupid like an AI taking over a human body, its just a step to far, i really hope thats not what im seeing in the trailer,

this cant come back sooner, been nearly a ****ing year since the last episode, completely uncalled for, for what is probably the best show on network tv right now,

• Advertisement

Good interview with Emerson about the show's future. A possibility of a reboot or "chapter 2" somewhere down the road.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/person-of-interest-reboot-michael-emerson/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Definitely one of the best shows on TV and it's ridiculous that it gets canned..of course CBS are focusing on the 18-24 age group and PoI doesn't fall into that category so its lights out.
    Would have been great if someone like Netflix had taken it over.

Blazer wrote: »
    Definitely one of the best shows on TV and it's ridiculous that it gets canned..of course CBS are focusing on the 18-24 age group and PoI doesn't fall into that category so its lights out.
    Would have been great if someone like Netflix had taken it over.

They carried on with Longmire when it got cancelled, why can't they do the decent thing again! I'll miss it when it goes. Fusco is such a great character, which you would never really have thought after his first appearance.

Only two days to go :)

A solid start to the final season.

Going to watch it tonight,cant wait!

A solid start to the final season.

More than solid, I thought it was fantastic. The opening scenes, the subway scene, the reboot at the end, really great stuff.

I love the little bits of humour too. The candy bar, for example. Just really clever writing.

I wonder if Sony will have anything to say about the machine's new home? :)

I was just thinking, imagine if someone who had never seen the show before sat down and watched that episode? Would they have gotten to the end? :o

Welcome back PoI. Top of my watchlist for the next 6 glorious weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

When's the next episode? It's 2 a week right?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What happened to Bear? Did the original Bear actor get booked on a different series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

That intro coupled with Wow Now by The Kills just worked so well

Advertisement