Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So the asset thing at the end of the second episode. Was that the machine or Samaritan that was recruiting him? I took from it that it was the machine. Also, when referring to the machine do you capitalise it and if so do you capitilise both words or just machine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mr E wrote: »
    Not sure, I hadn't seen it.

I think it was released at some comic con.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I keep getting the feeling John isn't going to make it.

Also it needs one more appearance from Leon & Zoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

So the asset thing at the end of the second episode. Was that the machine or Samaritan that was recruiting him? I took from it that it was the machine. Also, when referring to the machine do you capitalise it and if so do you capitilise both words or just machine?

I thought it was Samaritan myself as didn't look too much like the machines standard overlay on the video. I wonder if the fact it had given his number to the team earlier makes it much more likely that future numbers could also turn out to be Samaritan agents, if Samaritan is going to use the same method as the machine to detect (and recruit) violent people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,638 ✭✭✭squonk

To me it seemed clear that it was Samaritan recruiting the guy at the end.

Really this opens up a fascinating comparison. The machine is now unfettered and has the same abilities as Samaritan. Thinking about it now it's killing me that we won't get to live in this universe long enough to really get to see the Machine evolve and to be able to compare what approaches a benevolent AI like the Machine would adopt compared to Samaritan. It's a crying bloody shame that this show is ending when it is. It feels like the story is only partly complete. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Yep. The 2nd episodes this week sealed that for me as well; his arc is complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really enjoyed both episodes. I know people are saying it's a shame the show if finishing this season, but I think they've stretched things out far enough that either they get rid of Samaritan and come up with a new, bigger threat, or the Samaritan story runs for another season which would just be stretching it too far. I think it's right they finish it off this year with a shorter season, and hopefully the rest will be as high a quality as these first 3 episodes. That being said, I'd love a Root spin-off, mainly because I love Amy Acker and her character.

The scene where the Machine couldn't recognise their faces was brilliant :D. Fair play to all the actors for that one, they nailed each other's performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Amy Acker did an amazing job at the impersonations. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

miralize wrote: »
    Amy Acker did an amazing job at the impersonations. :D

I'd be happy to watch her buttering toast

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

When the Machine booted up, a list of protected people flew by. Who were they all? I can't recall their names but were any the IT guys who helped them out in Season 3 and then had to go into hiding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

miralize wrote: »
    Amy Acker is amazing. :D

FYP :pac:

I think that the CIA chief and the fact that he knows John isn't dead could come back to haunt John somehow.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think that the CIA chief and the fact that he knows John isn't dead could come back to haunt John somehow.

They're hardly going to bring in Keith David for one episode.

I think that he'll end up an ally but who the hell knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Episode 4 is available now!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

F**K ME... WHAT AN EPISODE!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

That clip was out for a few months though wasn't it ?

Yes, I'd seen it several months ago. Great acting by all concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Great episode but kinda annoyed about it being an
    it was all a dream
    episode considering there's not much time left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Great episode but kinda annoyed about it being an
    it was all a dream
    episode considering there's not much time left.

Yeah great episode, very thrilling but I totally agree with your spoiler comment.

Is episode four up lads ? I can't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was a cheap shot. I thought the writers had grown some serious balls there.

It was still a very good episode!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Good episode but very predictable, could see the way it was going to play out from a few minutes in and the little hints they dropped throughout.

Is episode four up lads ? I can't see it.

It is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,638 ✭✭✭squonk

Great episode but while I didn't see the twist coming, I was starting to have real doubts which, if it wasn't so late at night when I watched, might have led me to twig all was not as it seemed. Seeing John get shot was a real kick in the stomach. I think it brought it home to me that we've only got this for another few weeks and how gutted I'll be when the credits role for the final time.

Looks like the Samaritan crew don't know about Fusco. I think that could have a big impact once Shaw finally gets released. Their whole simulation seemed a bit simplistic. I'm wondering if there'll be a corresponding real life episode coming once Shaw is eventually released, or let escape. After 6000+ simulations it seems unlikely that Shaw is going to give up the machine ever. I don't think she knows about the subwasy station anyway.

Quality throughout though. It was another cracking 40 minutes of TV. There's just no justice when a show of this caliber bows out early. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

IGN gave it a 10/10. In hindsight (after getting over the fake out), I think it deserved it.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/05/17/person-of-interest-6741-review

Just finished watching the episode from last night. I liked it. I hadn't read any spoilers and didn't pick up the fact that it might be a dream until shaw "shot" Grier. I did think "it would never be that easy."

Also can I just say that Amy acker is just brilliant in this show. She is so good as root.

Actually even though it was a dream in the end why wasn't fusco in the episode as part of the dream ?

Does samaratian not know he's part of the team or something ? I ask because I took one of the Feds in the police station to be a samaratian asset but maybe he wasn't.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Strong episode but began to wonder about whether it was a dream when they caught Greer so easily. Then I started back pedalling a little when Greer said it had been his plan but then pretty much confirmed it as a dream when they shot him. Nicely done though.
    why wasn't fusco in the episode as part of the
    dream ?
    Samaritan doesn't know about Fusco. That's why he's never labelled a threat or anything close to it during the camera views. And since this was a simulation, it didn't know to include Fusco.
    Fusco could end up being their ace-in-the-hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think it was the part with Shaw in the bathroom with the C4 and gun that gave it away to me.
    Maybe the fact it was a simulation is why the scene between Shaw and Root seemed off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another strong episode they really are going out in style but I'm not sure what to think of who was in the safe house.

Another strong episode they really are going out in style but I'm not sure what to think of who was in the safe house.

Probably brought him back just for the sake of the last few episodes. 7episodes left I think, not quite sure exactly where the war with Samaritan is leading

• Advertisement

Good episode. I think samaritan might know who fusco is now. :(

Advertisement