Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

It's a bit ridiculous that they haven't told Fusco what's going on. The man deserves to know, especially when that knowledge would save his life.

Better episode tonight, at least what happened actually happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,638 ✭✭✭squonk

Great second half to the episode. I was getting concerned earlier on that they seemed to be back to 'Number of the Week' but it picked up big time in the second half. I'm not sure of the significance of Elias being alive and well but we'll have to see I guess. They're really going out in style it has to be said. I think this is the most consistent and best mini season of any show I've seen in recent times.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

bluesfan wrote: »
    It's a bit ridiculous that they haven't told Fusco what's going on. The man deserves to know, especially when that knowledge would save his life.
    They're protecting him though. Once he knows about Samaritan he risks drawing its attention. I think it's out of kindness whereas in earlier seasons it would be a trust issue.

He's also the only one with family and an actual life but it's gotten to the stage where not knowing is going to get him killed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just a heads up there are 3 episodes this week 1 tonight and a double tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

He's also the only one with family and an actual life but it's gotten to the stage where not knowing is going to get him killed

Good point. Finch knew the danger that The Machine could cause to family/loved ones if/when. This is why he dumped his girlfriend or wife or whoever the red head was -or was it that he faked his death? Also why he chose Reese. Root chose them and Shaw just kinda fell into their lap. Fusco and his kid could be danger if Samaritan knew he was involved. Bit of a hole in this masterplan since John's cover is as Fusco's partner but Samaritan is unaware of this and its operatives are seemingly unaware.

3 episodes in one week really does feel like it's being killed off even quicker than I thought. I'm looking forward to binge re-watching it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Bejeazus and begorrah that was a terrible accent :p

Also, what in the name of Google was the singing meant to be about, that was even worse than the accent.

The Samaritan side of things was much stronger this episode, nearly found myself rooting for the enemy by the end.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Samaritan part was my favourite this week. I'm glad the show has continued in not being simplistic by just making Samaritan EEEVVVIILL but instead shows it have a very cold calculating judgement that will, in many ways, make the world a better place - at the cost of some liberty. Much more interesting this way.
    Just a heads up there are 3 episodes this week 1 tonight and a double tomorrow night.
    Seems there's two then next week (bring us up to episode 10) and then one a week for the following three weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't know how anyone at the wedding thought it was a good version.

Banshee ended at the weekend and this is about halfway through the final season. 2 great shows gone.

Fusco has to find out the truth at this rate.

Good episode this week again btu Samaritan was definitely the stronger side of it. I got shades of Soap like Dallas from the Machine plot. The wedding was all a bit soap opera-esque really. Small point but I couldn't figure out how John moved around so easilly without his date starting to wonder where the hell he was! :). For some reason Finch's accent reminded me of Paul's grandad from A Hard Day's Night! I think the song choice had to be one of the most bizzare things I've seen on TV recently. Given he was supposed to be an alcoholic I was expecting a rebel song or something! I suppose that's as close as we get and everything is still politically correct.

I'm wondering where things are going with Shaw. Is she going to trick Samaritan into thinking that she's on board? It's not moving very fast overall. As for Fusco & Bear, I hope they're OK!

At this rate I think the final few episodes are going to be explosive. We're not significantly further along in the story and it has to end, so it looks like a lot is going to happen very quickly.

• Advertisement

The wedding episode wasn't great simply because I care not for horse doping 'number of the week' episodes at this stage of the game. Thoroughly enjoyed last night's two episodes though. This series hasn't had enough John Nolan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Agreed. I could take or leave that wedding episode (apart from the end), but last night's episodes were both excellent. I hope we're not going to get another machine fake-out with Shaw though. If she is still strapped to that VR machine, I won't be happy.

Mr E wrote: »
    Agreed. I could take or leave that wedding episode (apart from the end), but last night's episodes were both excellent. I hope we're not going to get another machine fake-out with Shaw though. If she is still strapped to that VR machine, I won't be happy.

When Shaw drove away the radio had a news piece on the outbreak. Pretty sure that that implied it was legit and real, same with Root sending her that coded message. Didn't understand why she was being held in South Africa but hey...

I loved the two episodes from last night. I particularly liked the Max Green episode. I thik it was about as perfect an episode as I've seen. Dark, creepy and strange and a little claustrophobic. In other news, it's great to see Shaw finally out. I'm guessing they put her in South Africa to get her as far away from Team Machine as possible. I'd also say SA will give Shaw plenty of opportunity to use her 'skills that she's built up over a lifetime'.

I have to say I almost cried after the Max Green episode. I know I keep saying it but this show is on it's victory lap still kicking the kind of ass that other shows could only dream of, as well as pushing it's own already high standards to new highs. It's an absolute shame that Netlix, Amazon or Hulu didn't pick this up. On the other hand erhaps the creators only intended a 5/6 season arc anyway and it wasn't worthwhile? I'll be so fed up when the credits roll for the final time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

The removable sink was a nod to The SHAWshank Redemption :)
    Ba-dum-tish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Brilliant episode this week..

BOOOOOOOOOM hahahahaha

Really great episode last night. Shaw traveled fast!

I have a feeling (hope!) that there will be no "number of the week" episodes in the last 4 and it will all be Machine vs. Samaritan.

That last scene with everyone together in the Park (and now all on the same page) was very poignant. I don't think everyone is going to make it...

Only 4 left. :(

There's no way they all survive it unfortunately

Honestly as much as I will miss this show so much I am glad that they get to go out on there own terms with an amazing final season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Having Fusco there should be proof to Shaw that it's not a simulation since he wasn't in them, as he wasn't a known associate.

Excellent episode wrapping up a storyline.

3 episodes to go after tonight's and they're one a week.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Having Fusco there should be proof to Shaw that it's not a simulation since he wasn't in them, as he wasn't a known associate.

Great catch

Loved episode 9. I love me those kind of Rio Bravo/Assault on Precinct 13 type setups.

Haven't been on edge this much watching a series finale since Breaking Bad. I'm either sweating bullets or in floods of tears after every episode.

What. A. Cool. Music. Cue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Amazing piece of television.

Absolutely f**king brilliant...

Honestly I don't know if I want to watch it week to week now for the last three episodes or hold out and watch them all together.

This is a s good as it gets for a final season of any show as far as I am concerned.

I cried.

I'm going to watch it again later. It was that good.

I'm also going to hold off on the TV Awards this year until this show is finished. I think it will (or should) figure in a lot of peoples' nominations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I watched episode 10 before 9 for some reason so fusco being in on what was happening was confusing.

root talking at the opening of the series obviously was the machine and not root after now seeing what happened in ep 10. She was a brilliant character and I actually said out loud "no not root." I liked how elias was killed outside the building where we first saw him. I like those touches.

I can't remember a final season of any shows I watch/watched that have been this good. The last three episodes will be a rollercoaster of emotions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Mr E wrote: »
    I cried.

I'm going to watch it again later. It was that good.

I'm also going to hold off on the TV Awards this year until this show is finished. I think it will (or should) figure in a lot of peoples' nominations.
    I was okay right up until the phone call, once I heard who was on the other end I may have shed a tear or two
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Holy crap!! That was amazing!!! I'm really going to miss this show when it ends, and like another poster said this show should win some awards this year for being good to the end.

Advertisement