Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought we would be back to 'case of the week' after a couple of major threads were wrapped up last week. No chance. It just goes to show how many plates these writers are spinning at any one time. Stories that were on the back burner (Joss' promotion, Root, Hersh and his politician boss) are all back in the foreground. There wasn't a wasted scene in this episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Mr E wrote: »
    I thought we would be back to 'case of the week' after a couple of major threads were wrapped up last week. No chance. It just goes to show how many plates these writers are spinning at any one time. Stories that were on the back burner (Joss' promotion, Root, Hersh and his politician boss) are all back in the foreground. There wasn't a wasted scene in this episode.
    Agreed. Fantastic and unexpected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Doing great in the ratings, season 3 locked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

This is a brilliant show. My biggest gripe is the breaks. It'll be on the 21st, but then it'll be off air for 2 weeks again, back on the 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

It's nothing like either of those shows.

Absolutely worth the risk. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

It was a bit here or there for the first season, but the second season is proving to be brilliant.

miralize wrote: »
    It was a bit here or there for the first season, but the second season is proving to be brilliant.
    The problem with the first season was that it was far too MOTW and you had no idea what was going on in terms of the wider story arc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The problem with the first season was that it was far too MOTW and you had no idea what was going on in terms of the wider story arc.

TBH I just thought Jim Caviezel was a bit of a boring lead, hes improved this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

miralize wrote: »
    the show got moving pretty well in the second half of season 1, and it has continued to get better throughout season 2,

once you through the initial 13-14 episodes it really starts moving,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Has anyone seen the trailer for the game Watch Dogs? It reminds me of this a lot (although, the main character doesn't shoot the guy in the leg). Can't wait to play it when it comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

another good looking recurring character :)

but can the machine not recognise fake transactions, why does the actually controler of the machine be only dealing with numbers would they not get to see all the information the computer dug up as part of larger team even if they didn't know where it came from originally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Has anyone seen the trailer for the game Watch Dogs? It reminds me of this a lot (although, the main character doesn't shoot the guy in the leg). Can't wait to play it when it comes out.

When I saw it,the first thing I thought of was Person Of Interest.

New episode was superb,another character to keep the plates spinning.We didn't see much of the usual protagonists but it helped to flesh out the world John & Finch are working in.
    One of my favourite shows & it never fails to live up to expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

another good looking recurring character :)

but can the machine not recognise fake, transactions, why does the actually controler of the machine be only dealing with numbers would they not get to see all the information the computer dug up as part of larger team even if they didn't know where it came from originally

There is no team or controller,this was mentioned during the episode,Shaw didn't know that & still doesn't know of the machines existence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

but finch and john only get a number because they are trying to sneak info out of the machine, the government agency doesn't hide the information from itself, even if it does hide where it got it from its field agents

how are they doing this, the creativity and writing just puts so many other shows to shame, as if we didnt have enough balls in the air to watch, now theyve added 2 more,

im already in love with shaw, it was a great introduction for her, i wonder how long it will be before we see her and john working side by side, and its good to see the machines main function at work, it was built to stop terrorism and its doing a great job of it, but it also showed the lengths the government have gone to to protect it,

i do wonder alright did control pull a fast one to shut down the "terrorist treat", did they either trick the machine like root did, or just plant the evidence and send the number onto shaw and her partner to take them out,
    but finch and john only get a number because they are trying to sneak info out of the machine, the government agency doesn't hide the information from itself, even if it does hide where it got it from its field agents
    only a handfull of people are aware of the machines existence, the highest ranking person in the program probably gets the numbers and then passes that onto a team of annalists that look deeper into to information, unbeknownst to themselves that a machine is the source of their information, and after they bulk up the information they send it to the division head of the organization that shaw worked for,

thats my understanding of it anyway, i do wonder if people are being killed off to protect the machine, or to gain access to it, the less people that know about the machine the less likelihood of it being discovered, but also less protection for machine itself,

Fabulous episode. More spinning plates. :o

When I saw that creator Jonathan Nolan wrote and directed the episode, I knew it would be a game changer.

The person behind the curtain on the bad guy side (theory) is
    Nathan Ingram. I'm 100% sure. Watch for the big reveal this season (hopefully before the finale).

Did anyone else notice that the interstitials (the "machine" animations between scenes, with the mosaic of camera footage and the white targets) now has red targets?

The plot thickens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

That was a cracking episode, my favourite of S2 so far. It was interesting to see the machines main purpose in action as well as seeing John and Finch as a shadowy organisation themselves. And it's some soundtrack as well!

Yeah the soundtrack is fantastic. If anyone is interested, that song at the end was The Kills - Future Starts Slow. Here is the best version I could find on YouTube:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,016 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Truly excellent stuff..

.. this season has been top-notch!

Loved the re-appearance of Ken Leung - though his name at the start did somewhat spoil it.

Great closing song choice too.. thanks Dave!

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Loved the re-appearance of Ken Leung - though his name at the start did somewhat spoil it.

yeah i always hate it when shows do that, and you knew root would be around also cause amy acker was listed,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

What a cracking ep, great action, fantastic music, some more movement in the arc. It would appear agents working for the machine get a blue square?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Love this show from the start.
    A quiet winner.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Another excellent episode. When the traditional opener started and then suddenly "crashed" I knew we were in for something special.

So what are they actually doing with the numbers being spat out? Who is intercepting them and changing them to their own ends?

Also: Finally got to see Mickey Doyle shot in the head! Who's laughing now Mickey!

Total gamechanger episode and really well done IMO. Very nice to see the super hot Sarah Shahi got a new job after they axed Fairly Legal too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As was already pointed out, Research(or whoever really deals directlywith the machine) just gets a number from the machine, like Finch. But thought Finch got the number because that's all he could get without being noticed. Surely those in charge of the machine can get more info.

Anyway, good episode and curious to see how Sarah gets back into it.

Just got caught up on the past 8 episodes. I like how they're referencing previous episodes, bringing back characters like Leon and the appearance of Bear's previous owner.

I do notice the machine is telling itself to keep track of potential threats like that social network founder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As was already pointed out, Research(or whoever really deals directlywith the machine) just gets a number from the machine, like Finch. But thought Finch got the number because that's all he could get without being noticed. Surely those in charge of the machine can get more info.
    Even Research only gets a number; in the episode Super (S01e11) they state the machine was specifically built to hide the details that caused the machine to zero in on someone so as to protect peoples 4th amendment rights from unreasonable searches although saying that Finch did have access to all the detailed information while he was developing the machine but that access was lost once it went into production and the system was encrypted to prevent further modifications.

Anyone else seeing fake episode 17 popping up everywhere? My calendar says it's on this Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone else seeing fake episode 17 popping up everywhere? My calendar says it's on this Thursday.
    Nope. I just stick to my usual source which is REALLY reliable. Not seen any fake ones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's possible it's legit. I watch Californication and it's an episode ahead of the calendar for what ever reason.

Edit: I haven't seen anything about it myself so I imagine it is fake but I wouldn't dismiss it just because your TV calendar says otherwise.

Advertisement