Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPSU funding

Options
  • 07-03-2011 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Over the coming months I will be formally submitting an application to Enterprise Ireland for funding under HPSU. I have already met with EI and am currently producing the BP. I would like assistance/advice/support from anyone who was either directly or indirectly involved in submitting a successful application for HPSU funding. Please contact me with a Private Message

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I can't imagine any of the information given/asked for would be sensitive in nature?

If so, it'd be far more in keeping with the spirit of the forum if it was shared in public for others/all to benefit from rather than kept to PMs. Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

Enterprise Ireland is an extremely difficult organisation to work with. I have been with them several times working for a USA organisation that wanted to start a HQ in Ireland. They only placed a value on the manufacturing jobs and no value on service jobs. We were told that they did want our financial/sales /service jobs. They only wanted the manufacturing jobs. I went back to New York with empty hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

bottomdog wrote: »
    Enterprise Ireland is an extremely difficult organisation to work with. I have been with them several times working for a USA organisation that wanted to start a HQ in Ireland. They only placed a value on the manufacturing jobs and no value on service jobs. We were told that they did want our financial/sales /service jobs. They only wanted the manufacturing jobs. I went back to New York with empty hands.
    Sounds like FDI..is that not a job for the IDA to handle?
    I think EI's partial focus at the moment maybe on non-transient sustainable sectors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 StartUp2011

bottomdog wrote: »

Hi bottomdog

I have received a shocking level of service from Enterprise Ireland. I have aready met with quite a few people from EI and this is my general experience:
    - EI staff not turning up for meetings that were booked and confirmed
    - fall asleep during meetings (yes, this actually happened!)
    - don't respond to emails
    - email me documents to fill in that I have already filled in
    - make false promises or don't deliver on promises
    - lack of professionalism.

I'd be interested to find out whether this is typical among Enterprise Ireland clients (and non-clients). What was your experience like?

I'm going to post another thread on this specific issue.

Advertisement