Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Bill?

• 07-03-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently moved to a new address.
    I was with magnet for my braodband but couldnt stay with them as there is no landline in the house.

We decided to go with UPC.
    The missus sorted it out as I was in work.
    She said the girl she was speaking to organised a package for 65 a month.
    This was 20mb broadband and phone with free calls.
    We also got basic package tv (as the girl said it would be only 7 euro extra a month or something like that, this is included in the 65)
    we also got sky sports and movies thrown in for free for 2 months.

My first bill was 133 which included 65 for installation (I think)
    I got my second bill today and can't really understand it.
    The bill is for 82.22

It has subscriptions as 89.26 (108 gross)
    Usage 11.07 gross
    savings and discounts -36.66
    charges for this period: 82.22

Can anyone explain what any of this is?
    Thanks
    Sham.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I cannot help you with your bill but I would just like to observe (and this does not just apply to UPC but to many companies) that surely a key criterion for any bill issued by any company is that it should be very clear what the charges are and how they have been calculated?

It is disgraceful that any customer should have to resort to a public forum to get help to understand a bill.

Surely issuing bills that are readily understandable would reduce the pressure on csrs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Have a look here, Unexpected first bill amount:

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/128/~/unexpected-first-bill-amount

there's also a link to understanding your bill on that page also, it shows a standard bill and breaks it down for the novice (me and you)

http://www.upc.ie/pdf/First%20bill%20explainer%20insert_20082010.pdf

just be careful with your 20mb broadband, there's a data transfer allowance of 250GB a month, go over that and they charge you 3c for every MB you download/upload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

thanks for the replies folks.
    It looks like some 11850 calls may be the culprit.
    I am not sure what calls are charged on the anytime package.
    I also think that the usage might be due to me going over the 250 which is fair enough.
    It is very difficult to understand though.
    Saying that the service is quite good, I say quite because the wireless signal seems to drop every hour or so which is a pain when you are streaming something and have to reset the connection.
    cheers again.

Advertisement