Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Hotel?

Options
  • 07-03-2011 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

whats the best area or hotel in Cork for two nights? not looking for anything fancy, just a few girls on a night out. is patrick street the best place to look? thanks! :)

Comments

Victoria Hotel on Patrick Street isn't the nicest.

Jury's Inn by the bus station is a decent enough hotel reasonably priced.

The River Lee hotel and The Clarion are nice but not too cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Lancaster Lodge would be worth a look.
    http://www.lancasterlodge.com/index.html

There aren't any nice hotels on Patrick St but Cork is small enough, so anything mentioned so far should be close enough to walk to/from whatever bars you go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I don't think I would be recommending Jurys Inn.
    The Imperial Hotel on South Mall is about 1 minute from the centre of town, rate is about €129 for double/twin room.
    Clarion Hotel is a more modern hotel just up the street from the Imperial, that is also €130 a night.
    The River Lee hotel is another relatively new hotel (used to be a Jurys), they are €99 a night at the minute. It's about a 5 minute walk from the centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

The Maldron hotel by Shandon is normally resonably priced, it is ok. Not the greatest not the worst. I wouldnt choose jurys inn, if you dont have to. River Lee hotel is outstanding if you get a good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 angel helper

Clarion in Cork is excellent - very friendly staff, good room nice, cozy
    great pool and spa etc... stay there whenever in Cork

• Advertisement
Advertisement