Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting a windlass.

• 07-03-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭

I have a Sigma 33 that I converted to cruising mode some years ago but lifting the anchor plays havoc with my back. So I'm thinking of having an electric windlass fitted that will take a warp and chain rode. Any suggestions as to who would be the best person to talk to about a project like this? The boat is in Dun Laoghaire.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Try these guys they are just inside the gate on the left when you go into the boatyard.
    http://www.malahidemarina.net/maintenance.htm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ed Brennan or Noonan Boats both work in Dun Laoghaire. Either would be well worth talking to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

That's great, many thanks.

Advertisement