Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Empty Cup: A case of copyright infringement

• 07-03-2011 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

One to watch. An Irish flavour to it also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I don't get it, why didn't he sue them?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Oooh, this could be an interesting one to watch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Zillah wrote: »
    I don't get it, why didn't he sue them?

Further into the comments he said he could not afford the upfront payment required for a court case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i'm genuinely shocked at the attitude of the gallery - more so than that of the architects i think. as one of the commenters under the post suggests, it may have been an unknowing intern that robbed it off flickr without a second thought. but i just don't get either institution's attitude. why bother being so unnecessarily arrogant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

artyeva wrote: »
    but i just don't get either institution's attitude. why bother being so unnecessarily arrogant.

When you know you've done something wrong it is easiest to avoid eye contact. Just think any time someone has cut you off in traffic or broken a light and you end up beside them at the next lights; eyes forward, pretend you're not there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

well yeah, i get that. that's human nature. BUT if you run a creative business then you should have a proffessional awareness of copyright issues. and more than that - a duty to your business reputation not to act like a d!ck. surely a timely and geneflecting apology - a genuine offer of compensation and withdrawl of the photos - heck, even the offer of a solo exhibition in the gallery would have had these two companies smelling of roses, and ended up costing a fraction of what dragging it out will eventually cost them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hope they get hung to dry.

cute girl too

Advertisement