Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Day Week question

• 07-03-2011 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Guys
    For the past 6 years or so I've been in full time work, working 5 days from Monday to Friday, not long after I started I was asked to work Sunday as well, so was working 6 days.

I have now been put on a 3 day week, but will be allowed to work Sundays also. I understand I can claim for the 2 days I am not working, but will the fact that I am working on Sunday go against me? I seem to remember a friend telling me that weekend work doesn't affect dole payments.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

Social Welfare doesnt take Sundays into account at all, so you can work every Sunday without it effecting your Jobseekers payment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

this happened to me before and I never saw a penny from the social. Signed on every week the days I was off. Was on about 9 euro an hour at the time and doing 3 day week. Sometimes I got half days but never worked more than 20 hrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

if you were only working 3 days then social welfare would pay you. there is no reason they would not give you money, unless you were working 3 12 hour days, which would be considered a full weeks work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

freddquinn wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    For the past 6 years or so I've been in full time work, working 5 days from Monday to Friday, not long after I started I was asked to work Sunday as well, so was working 6 days.

I have now been put on a 3 day week, but will be allowed to work Sundays also. I understand I can claim for the 2 days I am not working, but will the fact that I am working on Sunday go against me? I seem to remember a friend telling me that weekend work doesn't affect dole payments.

If your employer reduces the number of days you work you can claim for the days that you are unemployed, you must be unemployed for at least 3 days out of the 6. As Chieftain says Sunday is not taken into account as its not considered as a days employment as long as you dont earn for that day more than what your max rate on Jobseekers Benefit/Allowance would be. So you could actually work 3 days plus a sunday.

Advertisement