Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling UPC?

• 07-03-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi, im trying to cancel UPC broadband but having difficulty with their phone support. Everytime I called and spoke to account services they hung up when they meant to transfer me to someone else. Not only that but it takes about 10 minutes to even get someone from account services to answer.

I ordered 2nd of March and received the box on the 4th. I believe im still within the 'cooling off period' (7 days). Sent an email last night aswell.

Edit: finally got through but the cancellation service is busy and will call me back in 24/48 hours. I mentioned the cooling off period to the upc staff and they put a note in. What if they call back when it falls outside the cooling off period? I don't want to have to pay the cancellation fee so im wondering if all this is counted as evidence?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

all i can say to you is that I feel you're pain.

I myself are having serious difficulty trying to get any professional responce from upc customer care. I can just tell you to e-mail them as much as possible telling them you have decided not to go with them (upc) before the cooling off period has expired. and don't fall for that 24/48 hour responce either. ring them again and again asap to make sure it is canceled. otherwise after the cooling off period you will have to write them a registered letter for cancellation of upc service (as far as i know) good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

Cróga wrote: »
    Hi, im trying to cancel UPC broadband but having difficulty with their phone support. Everytime I called and spoke to account services they hung up when they meant to transfer me to someone else. Not only that but it takes about 10 minutes to even get someone from account services to answer.

I ordered 2nd of March and received the box on the 4th. I believe im still within the 'cooling off period' (7 days). Sent an email last night aswell.

Edit: finally got through but the cancellation service is busy and will call me back in 24/48 hours. I mentioned the cooling off period to the upc staff and they put a note in. What if they call back when it falls outside the cooling off period? I don't want to have to pay the cancellation fee so im wondering if all this is counted as evidence?

That sucks. :(

Can you record the calls that you're making?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Mathiasb wrote: »
    That sucks. :(

Can you record the calls that you're making?

if you can record this make sure to add the date to the recording while talking to upc customer care as proof.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Email, email, email, email, write write write (and keep copies) don't rely on phone calls.

This excuse that the "cancellations" is busy is nauseating at this stage and so unprofessional as to be beyond a joke.

You cannot rely on UPC to behave honourably or honestly that is a given so make sure you have written proof of your cancellation request.

If you have a mobile phone take a photograph of the record of the calls to UPC their time and duration.

Also I believe that if you are recording a call that you are making to someone that you are obliged to tell them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

This has always been a problem with UPC and there preddesers NTL and Cablelink, their telephone customer care is poor. I wish you luck, just keep ringing them and get on to com.reg if you continue to have problems

• Advertisement
Advertisement