Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you want from a server?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

DeVore wrote: »
    I prefer no PvP personally but if we had to have it, could it be team based, so we could have two teams and a Lost-style us and "the others" ?

Personally, prefer one big happy family.

DeV.
    Including multiple Islands? :p

That would actually be great... although, no PolarBears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

someone could don a white skin and be the polar bear sure....

really looking forward to all these pvp events etc now...

so initially what'll happen? Just get everyone to work together and build a spawn area? instead of wandering off doing their own things?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Korvanica wrote: »

so initially what'll happen? Just get everyone to work together and build a spawn area? instead of wandering off doing their own things?

Presume there'll be a heads up before it goes live today/tonight, wanna get in from the beginning!

Have been thinking about potential builds/mines/traps all day, it's kinda sad really! :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Korvanica wrote: »

What we'll do is have a camp area at spawn, and a walled area for the first safe zone with SOME buildings in it (information centre etc)

The rest would be empty and players can build lots at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still planing on release for tonight cherry? Sorry for asking I just need to know, so I would get some time by pc bud. I don't whana miss it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Probably tomorrow night? I've got some of it set up now, but I need some users to test it later. I'll post up a request when I think I'm ready for some testers.

Things done:

- Spawn point safe zone
    - Spawn point NPCs
    - Village 1 outer walls
    - Village 1 Safe Zone
    - Village 1 NPCs
    - Spawning of 1 Iron kit per user. Can only be used once.
    - /sethome and /home
    - Localshops. Set up your shop anywhere you like. Each player starts with 100 coins in a virtual inventory which can be easily accessed. Items for sale are traded with coins, so users set their own rates and thus THEY are responsible for controlling the Economy.
    - TNT is ON, does not affect safe zones
    - Mobs are ON, cannot harm/spawn in safe zones
    - Fire is ON, again does not effect safe zones

Note that at the current moment, trading items for items is not possible in a shop, only player to player trade/discussion, which is permitted of course.

PvP'd areas is currently broken with the plugins. So the server will launch without PvP until its fixed. Mobs will be on. Village will be 95% empty, so it'll be user filled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'm really looking forward to this server now.

In regards to the PvP thing i was looking at some other servers that had seperate twons that could go to war with each other. It would be great to have something like this in the server and give more character to the different towns. Maybe there could be war events where the towns battle each other and afterwards the pvp could be returned to arenas only.

Also i'd rather see the basic kit as stone rather than iron.

That would be an idea to look at once the server has expanded to such a size that it would work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Really looking forward to this too, fair play to ya cherry for all the work you're putting into it.

• Advertisement

Guys, I'm looking for 1 or 2 testers now. Server plugins are added and the servers stable

EDIT: Poop. Broken again. :/ Tonights looking doubtful

Guys, I'm looking for 1 or 2 testers now. Server plugins are added and the servers stable

EDIT: Poop. Broken again. :/ Tonights looking doubtful

No need testers? And no server tonight ? :( . Was hoping to have some mc time, atleast small bit. No time for big project, but atleast to run around and make myself wooden pick...

So I guess tommorow lad? Will be waiting. Should be at home by 4 from work, if you will need to test something.

Well I'm working til 10pm tomorrow so I'm not sure if I can get it done then.

BTW the issue currently is that mobs are spawning in safe zones despite the plugin settings telling me otherwise. Getting script errors in the console though, so I'll have a look at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

cherry if your looking for a tester just send me a pm
    or just give me a shout on the other server

Well I'm working til 10pm tomorrow so I'm not sure if I can get it done then.

BTW the issue currently is that mobs are spawning in safe zones despite the plugin settings telling me otherwise. Getting script errors in the console though, so I'll have a look at that

Just put alot of torches and light stones in safe area? So nothing would spawn there? No need mods then? Atleast for now? Untill we start new safe zone you will have enought time to sort out mod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Indeed, for testing purposes, mobs spawning in a safezone isn't a huge issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Just put alot of torches and light stones in safe area? So nothing would spawn there? No need mods then? Atleast for now? Untill we start new safe zone you will have enought time to sort out mod?

I agree with that, if you/we light up the town then there's no massive need for that plug-in and we can all get our fix. :D

Blowfish wrote: »
    Indeed, for testing purposes, mobs spawning in a safezone isn't a huge issue.

It still won't stop creepers from blowing stuff up/getting hurt inside the safe zone (its the same plugin I'm afraid :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Need a hand testing gimme a shout dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

then that sould be the boards first thing build a town with lights and a wall around it :)

Taking up people's test offers!

DeV, Coyote, Doc, shad0w, you're up.

IP is: 78.137.161.116

Hop on and test it out please. Testing up til tonight before we do a launch tomorrow night I hope :)

• Advertisement

I'm willing to test if you need anymore testers. I've nothing planned for the evening so im available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I'll help test aswell :)

Thanks lads but I'm pleased to confirm that it is 90% working. :)

It's all running swimmingly :D

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    It's all running swimmingly :D
    i have to confirm, boxing in works 100% too!

Server will be going down later tonight.

Now to the next few questions:

When do you want launch night? Our first community project will be completion of the Village safe zone, so that'll be our launch event (with some surprises thrown in ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

When do you want launch night? Our first community project will be completion of the Village safe zone, so that'll be our launch event (with some surprises thrown in ;))
    This had better be a mass zombie swarm to test out our defenses. :)

I'm off all day tomorrow, so any time suits me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Launch tomorrow without a doubt, as early as possible :D

Is there something that indicates the safe zone?

What are the rules for being whitelisted to stop griefers?

You should probably make up a server charter.:D

What conditions will be attached to getting on the whitelist?

I'd really like to get in on this server from the beginning. It can be intimidating joining an established server.

Dunno if that suits me tommorow too. Youbsaid that you be back home only by 10? I will be in bed by that time as I need to wake up at 5 in the morning. Any day from 6ish would be best as moust of peoPle will be done with work or collage. Well it's just my 2 cents ;)

• Advertisement

I reckon make a "Boards.ie Survival Server - Launch" Thread.

Stick in a poll with some decent times and make it multi-choice, whatever wins - wins.

I for one don't really care, as long I get a bit of warning I'll probably make it!

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I reckon make a "Boards.ie Survival Server - Launch" Thread.

Stick in a poll with some decent times and make it multi-choice, whatever wins - wins.

I for one don't really care, as long I get a bit of warning I'll probably make it!

I will race you: who will be the first one to box in cherry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Tom1991

Just bought minecraft and would like to get involved is there a sign up thread anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

class, cant wait for this now... good work cherry..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mobs on
    pvp on - certain areas, the 'wilds' or 'outlands' or whatever
    iron tools, but only a few sets
    Monster hunting
    castles with trap doors and secret passages

Advertisement