Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Slayer

Options
  • 07-03-2011 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭

Have gone back to playing Reach after around 4 months. Mainly been playing team slayer. Some great action at times but i just find those moment happen all too in frequently. Sometimes with 4 vs 4 its just so quiet and if anybody quits at all you can just forget about it. Definately needs to be increased to 6 vs 6 ar atleast 5 vs 5 and to add some much needed intensity imo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Play big team battle/ invasion slayer/ multi-team then.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

No, they just need better maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Yeah the maps are pretty poor tbh. Prefer to play team death match. Am I right in saying that it was 5 vs 5 in Halo 3. Now that I used to love that plus they had better maps. Dont want to go back playing Halo 3 but with a little common sense they could turn the online side of this game back into fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Yeah the maps are pretty poor tbh. Prefer to play team death match. Am I right in saying that it was 5 vs 5 in Halo 3. Now that I used to love that plus they had better maps. Dont want to go back playing Halo 3 but with a little common sense they could turn the online side of this game back into fantastic.

AFAIK it's always been 4v4 in slayer?? On the point of the maps, i don't necessarily think it's that the maps are poor,IMO it's just that it's always THE SAME maps over and over again. I think i played sword base 9 times out of 15 today.

Would love a blast of Valhalla with the new loadouts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

foxerv1 wrote: »
    AFAIK it's always been 4v4 in slayer?? On the point of the maps, i don't necessarily think it's that the maps are poor,IMO it's just that it's always THE SAME maps over and over again. I think i played sword base 9 times out of 15 today.

Would love a blast of Valhalla with the new loadouts :)

Halo 3 team slayer was 5V5. Agree about the same maps, what makes it worse is that on the same maps everyone uses the same strategy (Power Station everyone run for the hammer and hide crouched in the room, Sword Base, run for the sword and crouch at the gray lift and even if you avoid the lift you are guaranteed to have some headless chickens on your team who will constantly run into it again and again) this makes every game seem like the same game over and over again.

I would happily hand over 20-25 euro for an Ultimate online Halo edition which included ever multiplayer map updated to work with Reach, I miss Guardian, The Pit and Valhalla. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Yeah, the maps weren't great this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Social slayer was 5v5 in Halo 3. Team slayer has always been 4v4.

The maps are nothing short of pathetic. They obviously invested all their time in Forge World and just left it up to ourselves to make our own maps. The problem with that is forged maps will never be as clean as default maps, with an array of issues such as spawns, glitches and screen lag on split screen.

At the core of it though, the game is fundamentally flawed which means it will always be handicapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Forge world was actually a tool the map designers used for test new environments and forge objects. They just decided to give us it to mess around with. Reach is one of the more glitch free and most polished games out there. Spawns aren't as bad as the were in halo 3. There is never screen lag on split screen for me, just minor textural defects on distant objects. Bungie did the best they could in the time they had. And i think they did a great job.

And OT, as smartly dressed said, halo 3's social slayer was 5v5. team slayer has always been 4v4.

Advertisement