Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And here I was thinking...

Options
  • 07-03-2011 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

..That I was the only person playing this game in Ireland! I'm OBSESSED, been playing since the start! :D

I've recently joined Boards, and I love it. Now, I love it even more :D I'm very well used to Forums, as I am also on EA's. ;)

Okay, so... I wanna ask a question:

After the JC, I'm planning on getting my computer upgraded, as it plays the Sims 3 on very, very poor graphics. I can play perfectly on the lowest. But when shadows are turned on, by God...
    So, I want to know what's the best graphics card I can get? I am far from tech-savvy, so I need it in English :) I know my computer has 2GB of RAM, and an ATI radeon (is that right?) for the card, but whatever info there is, haven't got a notion.
    If you could help me find a suitable one that could play on the highest garphics, and the best gameplay, it'd be great!

Thanks. :)

-P&P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

i dont know much about upgrading pc's. id suggest maybe looking at the settings newer computers come with and then work from there.

i have a dell laptop from 2 years ago - 4gb of ram with a pentium dual core processor. it runs grand on mine. though when i asked in pc world (3 times so 3 different salesmen) they said it would run on my lappy. so i looked at the ea website - they have some sort of programme that checks if your laptop is up to spec to run it (i cant remember where on the site that was) and my laptop was fine for the game so i bought it. even have a few expansion packs.

i had an older dell laptop from about 7 years ago - with sims 2. that was a nightmare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Welcome along!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If you have the model of your PC we can get an idea what can be done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Aishae wrote: »
    i have a dell laptop from 2 years ago - 4gb of ram with a pentium dual core processor. it runs grand on mine. though when i asked in pc world (3 times so 3 different salesmen) they said it would run on my lappy. so i looked at the ea website - they have some sort of programme that checks if your laptop is up to spec to run it (i cant remember where on the site that was) and my laptop was fine for the game so i bought it. even have a few expansion packs.

sorry i just realised the above said the salesmen agreed it would work on my laptop. they did not actually agree, they said it wouldnt.
    although i tried using the ea games site to test my laptop - the result was 'it'd work' - i bought it - it works

Advertisement