Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My tremendous problem with BOI

Options
  • 07-03-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

I've always been with BOI but I need to find a new bank.

My problem is that I live in Canada, I have an irish CC and a Newry(UK) bank account into which my salary goes.

Banking 365 won't allow me to do international money transfers, not even to another BOI account in the south.

I am being penalised on all atm transactions and getting crap FX rates.

I simply cannot get my money. I'm 5 hours behind you guys, so tomorrow i have to call before 10 am while in work and try to authorise an international tranfers over the phone.

I signed up to XE trade and my account is active, only to learn that they will not debit a non US/CANADIAN bank account, so I still cannot get my money. So I need an international bank account set up remotely and i can have my salary paid into it, provided they don't have problems transferring money between their accounts.

So any advise on which bank (I'm thinking HSBC) or what I should do, I'd be delighted to hear.I want to be able to do everything autonomously, online and able to transfe cash between UK and Canada and also ROI if possible but that would just be an added bonus.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

Don't understand why you cannot setup an international bank transfer to another account. BOI 365 has this facility on its website so what are the reasons why you cannot do this, most people can transfer money between say credit cards, pay bills and transfer money into other accounts,what reason are BOI giving you, is the new account in canada a normal checking account???

just wondering as you don't give reasons why????:) seems crazy that you cannot do this.
    let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Hi,
    So i can do international transfers on my ROI account but not on UK account. For some reason, I was not told why, you cannot do international money transfers from a BOI UK account, which is very very annoying and completely useless to me.

I called and I was told that it is not doable, so i have to call the branch to make it happen and possibly pay some fee for doing it. My intermediate plan now is to get a check book from Newry, sign lots of blank checks and have a family member lodge them at home in ROI to take care of the CC.

I still need a new bank for Canada->UK transfers though. I'm thinking HSBC, anyone got experience with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

aaa That makes sense, cause I am in the states and have a BOI republic account where I still get paid into and was told I could setup an international money transfer to my American a/c if i want,
    As for HSBC, my sister uses them in IK and they are good but you will have usual fees for transfers both on your side and other side but I am sure once you can transfer money its ok and you can with them.:)

Advertisement