Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WD800 INTERNAL H D

• 07-03-2011 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hope its in the right forum Mods.I have this Internal hard drive which i retrieved from my very old broken PC.I have alot of old photo s which i would like to retrieve.

The connector settings are

40 pin conn ,10 pin and power 4 pin.

Is it poss to get a lead with a usb or similar connection to connect the internal hd and then to my new existing pc without having to take off the Desktop covers.My new Pc has 4 ports on the front panel(not USB)

the specs

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/2009/acer/veriton/VeritonM421G/VeritonM421Gsp2.shtml

Many thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

a 3.5" IDE external enclosure should do the trick, wouldn't it? souldn't cost more than 20-30 euro. depending on what wrong with the old pc, you could boot a live linux cd on it and copy everything off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

ur hard drive description ...give us the model number..can it be a ide&sata on same drive !??
    also,your pc has front usb ports according to you link.

why don't you get hard drive in the case,run a full backup from hard drive to another drive and/or to dvds so you can have piece of mind !?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Moved to the main C&T thread as it's more apropos than S&S...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Look at this on www.marxcomputers.ie

All in 1 HDD Docking Station & Cardreader

USB2 docking station with cardreader
    supports desktop(3.5”)&laptop(2.5”)SATA and IDE hard drives
    5 Slot Card reader
    Power supply & USB Cable included
    Mac & PC Compatible

Euro 35.00 inc VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Neonlight

Practice

Your a gem great little invention that;)Thx.Will let you know how i get on with this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement