Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackpool vs. Chelsea 20:00 Monday Night Football

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

flahavaj wrote: »
    Hilarious knee jerking from the Scousers in here tbh. All of a sudden his World Cup performances are fair game. LOL.

Knee jerk? Torres has for one reason or another been in terrible shape for a year, he had his excuses like injury but he's been knock free for months now, he's got his dream move (or whatever it was meant to be) and yet it looks like he is the spare part of that side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Obaraten wrote: »
    Are you surprised?

I'd expect no less from the ones posting in here falling over themselves to stick the knife in their former hero. The usual suspects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

mike65 wrote: »
    Us Liverpool supporters used to scare ourselves before bedtime by thinking about Torres and Drogba playing together. Hard to believe that now.

its only a few games, we'll see the best of Torres probably next season, form is temporary class is permanent.
    It would help if his teammates passed it to him more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Knee jerk? Torres has for one reason or another been in terrible shape for a year, he had his excuses like injury but he's been knock free for months now, he's got his dream move (or whatever it was meant to be) and yet it looks like he is the spare part of that side.

Champions league football and to be part of a team capable of challenging for the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I'd expect no less from the ones posting in here falling over themselves to stick the knife in their former hero. The usual suspects.
    Such as?

He is the spare part of that side at the moment. It'll take a while for him to adapt to a new (better) team as well as for them to adapt to him and to the change in formation his arrival will bring.

Again LOL at how the injury excuse is off the table now as well. Ye are gas men.

amiable wrote: »
    Such as?

You can read the thread yourself horsebox, ye're all there.:)

May i suggest a name change to Flahavague.
    Consistently vague.
    Won't address posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Credit to Torres for standing up and calling the club for not matching the ambition he clearly has.
    Torres playes with top top drawer players for Spain and coming back to Liverpool struggling for CL each year must have been depressing,it is no wonder his confidence was/is shot to pieces...
    I for one hope he comes back to the quality he once showed,as a striker he was one of the best in the world and he deserves the best stage to show that.

• Advertisement

This implies i'm having a go at Torres in this thread.
    Show me the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Hilarious knee jerking from the Scousers in here tbh. All of a sudden his World Cup performances are fair game. LOL.

Hardly kneejerk - some of us were saying back in Oct that Torres would either never shake his injuries or never be as good a player as he once was, for example here

May i suggest a name change to Flahavague.
    Consistently vague.
    Won't address posts.

Its hardly outrageous to assume you can read. Then again I may have overestimated you.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Carlo will figure it out, he's done it before at AC.
    And Torres is no fool, he knows he's got a lot to prove and has said as much.
    Carlo knows that Drog and Torres cant really play together, but he knew he could take that chance and keep Drog happy by starting him at Blackpool

He wont do that for big games.
    Realistically, we have to make CL place and get as far as reasonable in the CL, so thats not losing to anyone except Barca or RM

What Torres HAS done is make competition for places, cue Kalou's performance tonight.

Its hardly outrageous to assume you can read. Then again I may have overestimated you.;)
    Its dangerous to assume.
    To reply i must be able to read.
    Again you fail to address a post.
    Just try and cover it with what you deem humour.
    Very tedious

Hardly kneejerk - some of us were saying back in Oct that Torres would either never shake his injuries or never be as good a player as he once was, for example here

You are thus spared the harsh sting of my whithering disdain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He is the spare part of that side at the moment. It'll take a while for him to adapt to a new (better) team as well as for them to adapt to him and to the change in formation his arrival will bring.

Again LOL at how the injury excuse is off the table now as well. Ye are gas men.

Funnily enough it took him just 110 minutes to score his first goal for Liverpool. That was his first goal at a new club, in a new league against players he didn't know from Adam having never played against them (them being Chelsea as it happened) I think Roman blew 50 million on a player who is adrift in his own mind and could be a long time finding his bearings again (it won't be will Drogba/Anelka, thats becoming clear).

Funnily enough it took him just 110 minutes to score his first goal for Liverpool. That was his first goal at a new club, in a new league against players he didn't know from Adam having never played against them (them being Chelsea as it happened) I think Roman blew 50 million on a player who is adrift in his own mind and could be a long time finding his bearings again (it won't be will Drogba/Anelka, thats becoming clear).

He had the benefit of preseason training with his teammates. Players that join teams in January frequently underperform until they get a good pre season under them. Vidic and Evra were very ordinary for United when they joined in January, they needed the pre season to settle in and proved to be world class in time.

Now, some players do settle straight in (look at Luiz), but just because a guy doesn't look like he belongs after half a dozen games is really no reason to come out with all the criticisms ye would have defended him from a few weeks ago. Pretty childish if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Delighted with the result, thought the performance wasn't great though. Atmosphere was good and was loving all the Luiz wigs in our end! :) the penalty looked one from where I was, looked like he took Kalou then the ball will have to look at it again. Was a bit worried at 3-1! they looked dangerous coming forward all the time. Great team to watch are Blackpool really hope they stay up.

Cech - did well I thought, looked like he got a hand on the goal wasn't sure though was a good strike. made a good save in the first half and commanded the box well.

Bosingwa - did well going forward but he can't defend, shocking giving the ball away so easily for the goal.

Terry - played very well and great header for the opener.

Luiz - thought he did well, got skinned a bit too easily a couple of times but solid enough performance. You could see someone had told him to calm down a bit. :D

Cole - like Bosingwa he was good going forward but defended well too.

Ramires - thought he had a decent game again, great to see him proving a lot of early doubters wrong!

Essien - Solid game, still not at his best though.

Lampard- Didn't think he had the best of games but you can't complain with two goals, second one was a good run.

Zhirkov - had a very poor game imo.

Drogba - some nice touches but didn't look interested. :(

Torres - Was never in the game at all, I'm not worried at all though he is world class and he just needs time to settle.

Kalou - Was excellent when he came on, changed the game, was dropping off, making run, won the penalty and set up Lamps for the third.

Malouda - did well but made the wrong choices when he got to the byline a few times kept shooting when the pull back was on.

McEachran - some lovely touches when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

nice and accurate summery as always Johner.
    might have to bring back a few Luiz wigs!:pac:

• Advertisement

Johner i can't believe you are in Blackpool and writing long posts like that.
    Get down to the titty bars:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

BERBA wrote: »
    G thanks tibbs:rolleyes:

do us a favour sunday week and take 3 points off city
    Will do, the false hope you lot will get before securing Europa League football will be funny to watch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Johner i can't believe you are in Blackpool and writing long posts like that.
    Get down to the titty bars:D

Flight from Manchester early tomorrow. :(

Johner wrote: »
    Christ that killed the thread:D
    Could have just pretended you were in a taxi on the way to one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Johner wrote: »

You should be on the piss until that flight so!

Advertisement