Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

construction folder

• 07-03-2011 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

does anyone have there folder that they done last year i really do not know whwere to start

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 techieteacher

What topic are you going with? As per another post just the other day, decide on your type of project (heritage, construction detail etc.) - you'll get this in the syllabus.

After that follow the design circle that's in most of the junior cert. woodwork books and indeed online. (I think it's around page 367 in John Cullotys book, thats the one I use!).

Adapt the design circle to suit your project and base the portfolio around this. So your research will be quite a large chunk of the work if you're working on the heritage project. The examiners will want to see lots of relevant research put into your own words with your own sketches and annotations - not just reams of photocopied or prints from wikipedia!

Obviously for the design part you're not going to be reinventing the wheel, or the roof or window for that matter, but there will be a certain level of analysis and design if you're making a project -sizes, available material etc. You'll also need a working drawing of your practical project in there somewhere too.

Let me know exactly what project you intend to do and I can hopefully give you a few more pointers! The main thing is don't just stick in pages of copied and pasted stuff from the web as more and more students are doing at the moment - write the relevant info out in your own words, with lots of your own sketches and annotations - a picture speaks a thousand words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭kildareman09

i have a hallway table made finished it off today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 techieteacher

OK well in an ideal world you would have done all you research etc. before you started making the table. You need to find that design loop in one of the textbooks and base your portfolio around this. Refer to the syllabus to find out in more detail what they're looking for. If you haven't for access to the design loop I'm on about let me know and ill write it out for you.

Not the most ideal situation but you've still got time! Get working!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

You all had txt Books for Construction ?
    My Construction book was just notes that where about 1980s building regs and I Done the LC last year
    What outlines the only help i got my my teacher was when he distoyed the painting on my house when told him don't move it

I have a outline of what is needed in your folder anyway let me know if you need it

Also work hard at construction because it is easy points but it would have help in my teacher decide not come to our class must days and give us a free class allways on fridays

Advertisement