Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone24Mb or Eircom24Mb, Tralee ?

Options
  • 07-03-2011 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi guys,
    I'm confused between Vodafone24Mb or Eircom24Mb ,
    I live in Tralee-Oakview Village ,
    and I don't know which of them is the best service that provides a high speed I can get from 24Mb ?

I hope if anyone has an experience with these two companies in Oakview Village or Tralee in general, can help me please !

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You''d probably wanna ask in the broadband forums in this site, Eircom is more expensive but tends to be a lot more stable and reliable than Vodafone. Didn't realise they were putting in fibrepowered broadband in Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

_Hemoo_ wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I'm confused between Vodafone24Mb or Eircom24Mb ,
    I live in Tralee-Oakview Village ,
    and I don't know which of them is the best service that provides a high speed I can get from 24Mb ?

I hope if anyone has an experience with these two companies in Oakview Village or Tralee in general, can help me please !

Thank you.

The phone lines going into Oakview village can be very poor. My mate got in Vodafone broadband and it subsequently turned out the line was so bad it couldn't support broadband. Vodafone use eircom landlines BTW. Shocking when you consider that the Clounalour exchange is across the road. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If you sign up with Vodafone and there is a problem with the speed or service in general, they will never sort it out, and you'll probably end up on Valium trying to deal with them.

I was with BT before I got transferred by them to Vodafone in January 2010, after BT decided to sell off anyone with less than 6 telephone lines. I was on a 3mb profile with BT, but found myself on 2mb with Vodafone, and they insist that my line's not capable of 3mb, even though it worked perfectly well with BT. I've spent the last 15 months talking to the wall, and have never before dealt with such a shower of incompetents.

If you want to see how good Vodafone is, take a look at the "Talk To Vodafone" forum.:o

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

Digiweb are also in Tralee and offer what I think are better packages, you may want to look them up.

Advertisement